Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
It's far too late to make a change like that, as the front panel and rear panel have been finalized. Also, remember: the front panel is a key switch. You can make custom keycaps for it, even doing some really nice pours for acrylic ones... :)

I felt like because there are some serious customization options available for people who are making their own power buttons, it made sense to showcase the power button on the front.
RGB keycaps anyone :D

Reactions: smalltownboi

Klasik

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2020
Anyone else thinking of buying two of these cases to make sure the project gets funded?

I'm getting a little nervous.
I can't really justify spending that much. I'm pretty sure we hit MOQ that WinterCharm mentioned a while back (which could've changed in the mean time, so don't quote me on that).
This project just needs some more exposure. Even some people on /r/sffpc have no idea the case exists.

The way I see it, this could go in a few ways:
1. Word gets out and the project gets funded.
2. WinterCharm funds the rest of KS. But then he loses money in KS fees, and he put plenty of money into the project already.
3. KS gets canceled and relaunched at a later date, maybe after LTT release their video and Ali decides to respond and review the case. But then you lose the already reserved manufacturing capacity (which I'm sure wasn't free) and push the manufacture to who-knows-when.
4. Project gets canned, which would suck major balls.

But we still have a week to go, so let's hope for the best.

carlover670

Average Stuffer
Oct 22, 2020
I can't really justify spending that much. I'm pretty sure we hit MOQ that WinterCharm mentioned a while back (which could've changed in the mean time, so don't quote me on that).
This project just needs some more exposure. Even some people on /r/sffpc have no idea the case exists.

The way I see it, this could go in a few ways:
1. Word gets out and the project gets funded.
2. WinterCharm funds the rest of KS. But then he loses money in KS fees, and he put plenty of money into the project already.
3. KS gets canceled and relaunched at a later date, maybe after LTT release their video and Ali decides to respond and review the case. But then you lose the already reserved manufacturing capacity (which I'm sure wasn't free) and push the manufacture to who-knows-when.
4. Project gets canned, which would suck major balls.

But we still have a week to go, so let's hope for the best.
I thought it was $67k or nothing?

I like to imagine that WinterCharm has this all figured out but r/sffpc needs a bunch of beauty shots of this case in all silver. I need more of those all silver shots!

carlover670

Average Stuffer
Oct 22, 2020
Well, I scored a 5800X this morning. Now I’ve got every part for the build! (But the case...)
*Cries in sf750*
I mean the UK still has them in stock even after a day. Is the demand greater in the US or is Corsair cookin' up the mother-of-all drops?

Got myself a 5600X and plan on pairing it with a 6800XT

jupiterking

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 23, 2020
*Cries in sf750*
I mean the UK still has them in stock even after a day. Is the demand greater in the US or is Corsair cookin' up the mother-of-all drops?

Got myself a 5600X and plan on pairing it with a 6800XT
I’m just sticking with this SF600. Should be fine with my 2070 Super.

dudeperm87

Caliper Novice
Mar 10, 2019
I already bought one, can’t afford two! I just hope the project doesn’t get cancelled. What can we do to raise awareness?

Neptimus7

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2020
I'm honestly not worried. There's still a week to go (i.e. plenty of time for LTT to do a video, assuming no further shipping delays), and Kickstarters usually have a sizable boost within the last couple of days (using the Remind Me feature sends an email two days before it ends).

Post-Newt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 12, 2020
Still got a week. Curious to see what @WinterCharm’s upcoming marketing plan is.
Said this once, but I feel like it needs said again. More well-photographed, good builds need to be posted. For example, there was someone in this thread mentioning their plan to stainless tube their build in this case. Give that person one of the beta cases and a few days and you'll get a top post on r/sffpc. Qzrx is still the only beta tester I've seen post a build to reddit that ended up with enough upvotes for me to see it. I feel like this KS is one good reddit post away from hitting its goal.

Reactions: Goatee and Koxx5D

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Said this once, but I feel like it needs said again. More well-photographed, good builds need to be posted. For example, there was someone in this thread mentioning their plan to stainless tube their build in this case. Give that person one of the beta cases and a few days and you'll get a top post on r/sffpc. Qzrx is still the only beta tester I've seen post a build to reddit that ended up with enough upvotes for me to see it. I feel like this KS is one good reddit post away from hitting its goal.

I would be happy to transplant my current T1 hardline loop to a beta test case, take some photo’s then send the case back.

I'm sure others on here would support you the same.

I guess the issue may be getting a case to anyone in time.

Last edited:

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020
I would be happy to transplant my current T1 hardline loop to a beta test case, take some photo’s then send the case back.

Nice build :)

What's that tank on the picture on the top left? On the picture below, is it a flow indicator? And aquanaut as waterblock ?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WinterCharm

carlover670

Average Stuffer
Oct 22, 2020

Going off WinterCharm's profile, if you're in SE United States than it might possible to overnight or even socially distance handoff.

DoctorGrims

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2020
Personally I wouldn't mind buying a second case, I could use it for a future Linux build I was thinking about or I could surprise a friend. All depends on the marketing plans.

• Love
Reactions: WinterCharm