Windows 10 Pro Local Account

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 10, 2019
I have a little question/concern that I have read on the internet. Will I be able to create a local account on Windows 10 Pro. I read that its not possible to do anymore?

I am looking to get the Windows 10 Pro Full Version from Micro Center that comes with the USB stick to install onto my computer and I am concerned.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I have a little question/concern that I have read on the internet. Will I be able to create a local account on Windows 10 Pro. I read that its not possible to do anymore?

I am looking to get the Windows 10 Pro Full Version from Micro Center that comes with the USB stick to install onto my computer and I am concerned.
Just for Windows 10 Home.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So with pro ill just hit domain join which is the same as local account?
I would think so. I always just leave my internet disconnected and when it wants to connect to wifi just skip that part, it will automatically create a local account.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I would think so. I always just leave my internet disconnected and when it wants to connect to wifi just skip that part, it will automatically create a local account.

That's the best workaround. Creating other local accounts is doable but confusing.

Microsoft, please fix this.

Reactions: rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Another tip is to not enter a password during setup for the account, this negates the need for "security questions". When you've completed the install, you can set a password the classic way with CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Also disable Fast Startup in the Power Settings, as it changes the shutdown procedure to a hibernate instead. This gives issues with networking and software regularly in my experience.

Reactions: ExplodingWaffle101

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Another tip is to not enter a password during setup for the account, this negates the need for "security questions". When you've completed the install, you can set a password the classic way with CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Also disable Fast Startup in the Power Settings, as it changes the shutdown procedure to a hibernate instead. This gives issues with networking and software regularly in my experience.

That actually helped me a ton. Thanks!

Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer