• Ortholinear

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Staggered

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Man. Just looking at Ortholinear makes me uncomfortable.

I think having the angles between keys helps tracking and differentiating keys, but might just be making excuses to confirm my biases like humans tend to do. I AM NOT A ROBOT! SILENCE!

EDIT: I SAID I AM NOT A ROBOT

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Man. Just looking at Ortholinear makes me uncomfortable.

I think having the angles between keys helps tracking and differentiating keys, but might just be making excuses to confirm my biases like humans tend to do. I AM NOT A ROBOT! SILENCE!
@Aibohphobia Are robots allowed on here? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ricochet

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016

Reactions: Phuncz and zovc

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I read this while Kraftwerk's 'The Robot' was playing on the radio. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Reactions: ricochet

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I VOTED ORTHOLINEAR BECAUSE AS THE SAYING GOES; "ORTHO IS LOVE, ORTHO IS LIFE", AND LOVE AND LIFE ARE VERY IMPORTANT THINGS I AS A HUMAN DEEPLY CARE ABOUT. THE ORDERLY NATURE AND HIGHER HORIZONTAL SPATIAL EFFICIENCY OF THIS LAYOUT ARE ALSO PLEASING MY VISION SYSTEM EYES.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
I came into this thread expecting a poll about ANSI vs ISO or number of keys missing. Was not disappointed to find otherwise.

METAL AND SILICON.

Code:
composition.has("composite") || composition.has("directBandGapSemiconductor") == false;

INFERIORITY DETECTED.

ACHTUNG, UNTERDEVICE, REPORT TO RECYCLING CENTER FOR PROCESSING IMMEDIATELY.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
There's no discussion to be had there. ANSI looks more symmetrical, ISO has the more satisfying enter key and an additional key if you need it. Ortholinear users don't care either way :p

I have to switch between both on a regular basis (ANSI in the office, mixture of both in conference rooms, variations of 80% ANSI and 60-75% ISO on imported industrial equipment) and have come to the conclusion that Big-Ass Enter™ with a Backspace larger than 1u is our true Lord and Savior.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I have to switch between both on a regular basis (ANSI in the office, mixture of both in conference rooms, variations of 80% ANSI and 60-75% ISO on imported industrial equipment) and have come to the conclusion that Big-Ass Enter™ with a Backspace larger than 1u is our true Lord and Savior.

I can't agree more. I switch between XT Qwerty, ANSI US Intl 60% at home and ISO 100% Azerty at work and my dreamy keyboard is the old IBM Model F AT, symmetrical layout (2 wide shift keys), vertically aligned Alt Shift and Ctrl, BigAss Enter. Capslock would make for a nice Fn key.

Backspace could be 1 key wider and the right Shift 1 key smaller to match the left shift width and free space to move the " \ | " key.

Reactions: PNP and ricochet