Where is the company site?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Well crap, I found that page, but it being Vacuums I thought it wasn't them... God, doesn't anyone do mATX cases that are 6.50 inches tall & take normal height cards?

So you'd need a horizontal motherboard for that height. Considering M-ATX is 9.6 × 9.6 in.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I like http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-v800/ sure the floppy is outdated, but that is just a 3.5 bay, so take it out... It is not being made anymore & why not? I would love a sys that small, no riser crap or low profile card bs...
Looking at the internal layout, I'd say because it's an antiquated design. The PSU mounts in the front ahead of the PCI slots, limiting maximum GPU length, and there's barely any airflow. This case is over ten years old; PC components - and GPUs in particular - used much less power, and therefore generated much less heat. Modern systems require much more airflow than this provides. The PC-C50 is a more up-to-date design in a similar size as the PC-V800.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
What's the problem with the Silverstone GD series cases I suggested above? They're about as short (150mm) as you can go with full-height cards, and the overall dimensions are smaller than the PC-V800. The major difference is that the GDs are wider than they are long, while the PC-V800 is longer than wide. But you seem to be primarily concerned with transporting it in a backpack, correct? In which case it doesn't matter which way the dimensions are oriented - only size does.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Good point, I know I have been driving everyone nuts... I just well life is not so good, get so lonely most times & fighting all around a lot... I am skrewed up, lonely but I don't want a relationship, what I have seen is not good... I am so sorry for bothering you guys, I just need something to focus on or I get sad...

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Been there, done that. Just gotta to keep on keeping on, it does get better eventually.

Maybe you could try modding? If you're more of a hands on person it may be an easier starting point than trying to design a case from scratch and having someone else manufacture it.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I agree, modding can be therapeutic (sp?), it can be a creative outlet. Hobbies like these keep me sane, literally. So you aren't in dissimilar crowds here, but it's your task to find what really is for you. For some it's designing cases, for others it's modding cases, some take care of wiring and cleanliness, spray-painting or air-brushing, etc.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
So is there any templates for Protocase for PC parts like motherboard trays, I suck with my hands & a way to pick the cutout to place would be nice...

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
They have cutouts for stuff like serial ports and fans but I don't think there's a complete tray template.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Looking at the internal layout, I'd say because it's an antiquated design. The PSU mounts in the front ahead of the PCI slots, limiting maximum GPU length, and there's barely any airflow. This case is over ten years old; PC components - and GPUs in particular - used much less power, and therefore generated much less heat. Modern systems require much more airflow than this provides. The PC-C50 is a more up-to-date design in a similar size as the PC-V800.

Hmmm, iuf the PSU is placed above the MB, how much trouble would it cause (leave the height of the case the same)? If a ATX would be to much, a SFX would do right? Just make it 14 wide & it could be a cool small ATX... Oh, how do you do vents on Protocase, trying my hand at that?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
If the case is 160mm tall, putting the PSU over the motherboard would leave maybe 40-45mm for the CPU cooler. Not ideal, but it's usable for a mid range CPU. It's enough room for an AIO pump/block though, so that would be an alternative if you needed better CPU cooling.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
A SFX PSU would be 2.5, in a 6.29921 would be a lot better right? if not 6.92913 will do on the case...