GPU What would you like to see in a graphics card unboxing video?

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
This weekend I'm planning on filming an unboxing of my Radeon RX 5600 XT.

Aside from the usual opening the box and showing what's inside, I wanted to add a 360 degree sequence possibly with the basic measurements of the card included. Length, height, and width.

I often look though many many unboxing and review videos when looking to buy things, and find myself frustrated that I can't find one that shows a certain angle of the product, or how long an included cable is, or some particular detail that I need to know for it to work for my purpose.

What other measurements, or close up details would you want to see if you were looking for information on a graphics card you planned to buy?

I'm asking this here (on the SFF forums) as I specifically bought this PowerColor card because no other one I could find would fit into my Alienware X51 R2, and the members here have more stringent requirements for components to get them to fit into smaller builds.

I'm not planning on this video being a full review, so no performance benchmarks, power draw, or noise levels for now. Mainly as it looks like I'm going to need to make or buy a custom power cable to get it working. I'll likely create another post with some photos after the unboxing video is done, to get some advice regarding that.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I can think of two right now:-
a. the direction of hot exhaust. Is it via the front+rear or top+bottom or? Examining the fins arrangement can be very fruitful
b. the function of the backplate (if there is one). Is it purely cosmetic or actually having a heatsink function (ie having thermal pads between the pcb and the plate itself)

Reactions: AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I can think of two right now:-
a. the direction of hot exhaust. Is it via the front+rear or top+bottom or? Examining the fins arrangement can be very fruitful
b. the function of the backplate (if there is one). Is it purely cosmetic or actually having a heatsink function (ie having thermal pads between the pcb and the plate itself)

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve just finished filming and have footage showing the fin arrangement, and the gap between the PCB and backplate (which doesn’t have any thermal pads). I wouldn‘t have thought to film the angle I did to show the backplate, had you not mentioned it.

Now onto the edit!

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017