Log What ITX case for ASUS B550-I and Ryzen 5600X

Cheesy

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
Hi!

This week I won a Asus b550-i and a Ryzen 5600x from a review and maintain competition where 3 people were randomly chosen.

I have always want to build in a itx case but have never fully commited to it. However, when this oppertunity came I felt like this was the perfect timing.

Current specs (All parts except graphics card were bought new 2 years ago):
Ryzen 7 - 1800x
Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
Asus Prime X370 - Pro
Ballistix Tactical DDR4 3000Mhz 2x8GB
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Kingston SSDNow A400 120GB
Corsair Hydro H100X (240mm)

So I think of moving everything except the motherboard and cpu (obviously) and also upgrading the 1060 to maybe a 2060 / 2070, not decided yet.

But here is my question, what ITX case would you recommend to this build? Since I do already have a 240mm radiator I think I wanna continue using it because why not, it works.

Also, any other suggestions for further upgrades?

Cheers!

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
The NR200 (or NR200P if you want a window) is a good budget SFF case to start with. If you want something more in the $200-300 range, Sliger has a handful of good ones in different layouts (like the SM570 or S610), NCASE M1 is wildly popular, and the FormD T1.

Also you may look into getting an SFX PSU, like the Corsair SF series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheesy

Cheesy

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
The NR200 (or NR200P if you want a window) is a good budget SFF case to start with. If you want something more in the $200-300 range, Sliger has a handful of good ones in different layouts (like the SM570 or S610), NCASE M1 is wildly popular, and the FormD T1.

Also you may look into getting an SFX PSU, like the Corsair SF series.
Thanks for the reply! Read through but forgot to answer.

Can with happy message say that the store I buy parts from got in NR200P today so sent off an order immediately.

Still sitting on GTX 1060 and do not really know if I will be able to afford to upgrade at the moment.

For PSU, think a 750W should suffice.

Cheesy

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
Also , how long should you go before replacing a AIO? Read that some people have it for 5+ years. My Corsair Hydro H100i is about 2,5 years old and still works fine so don't really fine any reason to replace it.

lalaboi

Chassis Packer
Dec 19, 2019
I have a kraken x52 for 5 years and it still works fine.
I'm thinking of upgrading my AIO to an EKWB 240mm but have not gotten round doing so because the Kraken x52 still works.

AIO's can last a really long time till the pump dies and most pumps are rated for at least 8 years.
Over time an AIO can have less liquid in the loop which could affect performance.
Newer AIO's like the EK, Artic, Lian Li Galahad uses an improved pump and coldplate design which performs better
If getting the best performance matter to you, buy one of the newer designs. Else use what you already have.

Cheesy

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
I have a kraken x52 for 5 years and it still works fine.
I'm thinking of upgrading my AIO to an EKWB 240mm but have not gotten round doing so because the Kraken x52 still works.

AIO's can last a really long time till the pump dies and most pumps are rated for at least 8 years.
Over time an AIO can have less liquid in the loop which could affect performance.
Newer AIO's like the EK, Artic, Lian Li Galahad uses an improved pump and coldplate design which performs better
If getting the best performance matter to you, buy one of the newer designs. Else use what you already have.
I see! Thank you very much for the help, really good info, appreciate it a ton 😁