What is your advice : Dan A4-SFX v3 or Louqe GHOST S1 MkII or Kolink Rocket ?

Gorim

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Nov 23, 2018
All thoses cases are similar size / concept.

I would like something quiet and well cooled.
CPU max 95 tdp, GPU max 1080ti
psu 600 watt.

what case would you take ?
Dan and louqe are 200 euros, Kolink is 100. huge difference. why?

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
All thoses cases are similar size / concept.

I would like something quiet and well cooled.
CPU max 95 tdp, GPU max 1080ti
psu 600 watt.

what case would you take ?
Dan and louqe are 200 euros, Kolink is 100. huge difference. why?
Kolink is mass produced by a big company, probably lower overall quality components and less attension to details. That said I have not compared. I Will always recommend a passion product like Dan case or ghost S1.
Prefer ghost because of better CPU cooling and better looks, thicker plates.
But that's a personal preference overall.

But if you dont the want to spend that much I'm sure kolink is a very good value.

Reactions: Damascus

cribbit

Cable Smoosher
Dec 1, 2018
Kolink is Dan A4 clone with an extra 35% volume. (side note: Why didn't they clone it more closely? They could have easily matched the Dan's dimensions/volume. Would be a much more appealing option, then you're only sacrificing QC/build quality vs the "name brand" Dan)

The Louqe has the same layout concept but is done in a pretty different way. The "spine" is machined from a single block of alu. The side panels are railed and screwed rather than pop in, and are also machined and twice the thickness. My opinion is that this leads to a nicer build quality feeling. Of course both are very high quality. Functionality wise, the top hats may be ugly but make the case much more versatile for future builds. The higher (66mm) CPU cooler clearance allows much more flexibility.

The Dan has been through several runs now and is close to perfected for what Dan wants it to be.

If you're water cooling it may be worth waiting for the Dan C4.

Reactions: Beardedswede

Quicksandman

Chassis Packer
Dec 7, 2018
I was debating the exact same thing. Between the same cases. I’m trying to build my first SFF mini iTX pc, I’m tired of my huge oc taking up tons of space. After a lot of research I’ve decided to go with the new Geeek A60 case. It’s the same size as the Ghost S1 with the large top hat so it supports a 240mm radiator for cooling which I absolutely want. The problem with the Louqe Ghost is, simply put, I don’t want to wait 6 months to get one. Some of the first project backers are still waiting to receive some of the first batch from months ago. Louqe also is horrible at communication. The Dan A4 is the next option but doesn’t support liquid cooling (aside from the hard to find and very limited, soon to be discontinued 92mm AIO). Yes, the Dan C4 is coming out sometime but that could be late next year and I’m sure it’ll cost around $300. I came across a company called Geeek that makes a ghost/ Dan A4 size case called the A50. It’s a aluminum frame with acrylic panels. It’s also shipped IKEA style so you have to assemble it (I’m perfectly fine with that, also it allows the company to charge less. Geeek is releasing a new case called the A60 in the next week or so and it will accommodate a full 240mm AIO and uses the same layout as the Dan and Louqe cases. Will come in matte black with clear side panels

Quicksandman

Chassis Packer
Dec 7, 2018
I was debating the exact same thing. Between the same cases. I’m trying to build my first SFF mini iTX pc, I’m tired of my huge oc taking up tons of space. After a lot of research I’ve decided to go with the new Geeek A60 case. It’s the same size as the Ghost S1 with the large top hat so it supports a 240mm radiator for cooling which I absolutely want. The problem with the Louqe Ghost is, simply put, I don’t want to wait 6 months to get one. Some of the first project backers are still waiting to receive some of the first batch from months ago. Louqe also is horrible at communication. The Dan A4 is the next option but doesn’t support liquid cooling (aside from the hard to find and very limited, soon to be discontinued 92mm AIO). Yes, the Dan C4 is coming out sometime but that could be late next year and I’m sure it’ll cost around $300. I came across a company called Geeek that makes a ghost/ Dan A4 size case called the A50. It’s a aluminum frame with acrylic panels. It’s also shipped IKEA style so you have to assemble it (I’m perfectly fine with that, also it allows the company to charge less. Geeek is releasing a new case called the A60 in the next week or so and it will accommodate a full 240mm AIO and uses the same layout as the Dan and Louqe cases. Will come in matte black with clear side panels

Oh it it’s much cheaper than the Dan or Louqe cases and is actually available

Quicksandman

Chassis Packer
Dec 7, 2018
https://******/images/fgWKQq

This is the Geeek A60 that I’ll be pre ordering in the next week.

Last edited: