Log What do you think of this Ghost S1 build?

jsfjek

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 3, 2022
GHOST S1 Build

- If I power limit the 13600k on this motherboard, will the NH-L12 cooler manage to cool this cpu?
- I do realise AMD is the generally best way to go at the moment, but I have seperate reasons for going Intel/NVIDIA.

---
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v68XYN

I'd be grateful for people's thoughts..

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I ran a 12600k in a Ghost with the NH-L12 GE and it did really well, max gaming temps were below 60C. I currently have a 13600kf in a Terra cooled with a Big Shuriken 3 and it works well. Couple things I would suggest. Get your self a contact frame, they make a difference. I would also suggest swapping the fan for this one, higher rpm and airflow. Put a 120mm fan under the PSU as exhaust, I would suggest getting a medium tophat and adding 2 fans but the tophats are almost impossible to find. Highest gaming temps I have seen are 75C but usually 65C. I can hit 100C and throttle running Cinebench R23 but I never run those kind of workloads on my computer so I don't worry about it. 13600k is a great CPU and I would rather have it than anything AMD is making.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I would suggest getting a medium tophat and adding 2 fans but the tophats are almost impossible to find.
There are some floating around at both Proshop and Amazon. No use to me, because I was considering an AIO build with the Ghost S1, which would need the big top hat, but they certainly are available.

Other options might include just 3d printing one yourself, as the 3d model of the case is available on Thingiverse (for non-commercial use only). So, in theory, you could print yourself the whole case with an automatically included top hat.

cu, w0lf.