What are you watching ?

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Jeez, I'd completely forgotten about RD. And Ghost Hound, come to think of it (should really finish that). Though I'd argue RD was in the same category as Ghost in the Shell, where the 'virtual' world and the physical world were so intertwined and inseperable that they could both be argued as equally 'real' and valid (or rather, that reality were composed of both and splitting them up and perceiving only one would only be partially perceiving reality).

onlyabloke

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2016
pcpartpicker.com
Oooooh. I still need to finish GoT. I don't really watch much regular TV though. Watched NCIS until Ziva left, I keep up with Archer as well. Last Man Standing is another one I like to watch when I get the chance. And Castle, but they canceled that one.

As far as anime goes, there's nothing new I'm watching really as nothing has really caught my eye.

But for recent re-watches:
- YuYu Hakusho
- Fairy Tail (getting the wife into it)
- Bleach (also getting the wife into it)​

I actually keep a list of every anime I've finished and started.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Bleach got boring and samey after 20-30 episodes.

Only thing I'm really watching right now is finishing the few Warehouse 13 episodes I never saw. I'm waiting for the dubs of Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3 and the Dub of Dragon Ball Super to come out, but in the mean time, I might rewatch Ergo Proxy or Psycho Pass.
Also waiting for season 2 of The Expanse, and Season 3 of Star Wars Rebels.

The summer is for random crap on YouTube.
Maybe I should try watching RideBack again. I was disappointed the first time, because I was expecting something like Initial D with transforming robot bikes, then they only race a couple times.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Stranger Things: 80's and 90's nostalgia like The Goonies, E.T., Third Encounter, X-Files, Alien, etc. but beautifully cradfted with spot-on acting, writing, story and score.

If I ever needed to nominate a series as must-see for my generation, it would jump straight to the top, past all the other shows even close to being up there. It's shocking that this was possible, the standard just went up for me.

Outcast: suprisingly good exorcism series, written by Robert Kirkman of The Walking Dead fame. Interesting, suspenseful, decent acting and with many possibilities.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
I wish Netflix of Hulu would carry The Addams Family, but no, all they have (or at least had) The Munsters.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Rooster Teeth's "Heroes and Halfwits" series. I've never played D&D but it's interesting to watch the mildly comedic folks play:

Reactions: Phuncz

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I watch the co-optional podcast

I know this is more about series, but I really like co-optional. I've actually watched all their available material back to the TGS podcast where they talked about rumors about the new Xbox 360 :D Gotten way behind on that, though. Listening to it just isn't the same.

On actual series, I'm not watching many, and the ones I do are very mainstream.

Silicon Valley is absolutely amazing. I actually think that it improved after the first season because the decisions Richard made after that were not as unrealistically dumb, it felt much more real after that.

And I just finished watching all seasons of Futurama, safe for the one where all episodes where actually movies. Much, much better cartoon series than the Simpsons, though I don't think that declined as much as others make it out to.

Also watched Big Bang Theory a whole lot but lost track and interest after season 4.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Silicon Valley is absolutely amazing. I actually think that it improved after the first season because the decisions Richard made after that were not as unrealistically dumb, it felt much more real after that.
It's awesome. I started watching it on the day of the premiere and I was amazed how well they pulled it off. The roles are very good and the acting is top notch. I love the whole team.

And I just finished watching all seasons of Futurama, safe for the one where all episodes where actually movies. Much, much better cartoon series than the Simpsons, though I don't think that declined as much as others make it out to.
The Simpsons did have it's strict Politically Correct time, like Family Guy has now (what a snooze fest the last couple of seasons), but it did pick up later on. Still, Futurama is on another plane and has many devotees. I personally like Invader Zim a lot and regret it only got 2 seasons.

Also watched Big Bang Theory a whole lot but lost track and interest after season 4.
The earlier seasons were the best, the last season was 90% relationship whine and cry.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
The new series of Robot Wars has started airing, and looks to be a worthy successor, though I do miss Craig Charles and the original theme tune. Some classic robots returning (Razer performed on-par to many of it's previous appearances), and some new ones (Carbide seems very effective once it can get that blade spun up).

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
The new series of Robot Wars has started airing, and looks to be a worthy successor, though I do miss Craig Charles and the original theme tune. Some classic robots returning (Razer performed on-par to many of it's previous appearances), and some new ones (Carbide seems very effective once it can get that blade spun up).
BattleBots is on where I am. I watch it every so often.

Currently watching Hanasaku Iroha. Going to start watching to entire Eureka Seven series (Psalms of Planets, Pocketful of Rainbows, and AO).