Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Hi, last night I read the thread starting from 2019. It is quite interesting to see how despite these years it is still a lottery to get the memories with the right chip. Anyway, I wanted to ask a question, in all these 3 years did any vlp ram with black pcb go on sale? At some point I read that there was a company called Tigo that produced them but they needed a minimum order of 4000. Maybe one of you know something about it or some other option.

Since I want to do a totally black build I originally thought of buying a couple of Crucial Ballistix ram and changing the heatsink for a more sober one, but seeing that there is the possibility of just buying the memory without heatsink I was also thinking about buying one of those red heatsinks and maybe painting them black. Thanks in advance and cheers!

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Hi, last night I read the thread starting from 2019. It is quite interesting to see how despite these years it is still a lottery to get the memories with the right chip. Anyway, I wanted to ask a question, in all these 3 years did any vlp ram with black pcb go on sale? At some point I read that there was a company called Tigo that produced them but they needed a minimum order of 4000. Maybe one of you know something about it or some other option.

Since I want to do a totally black build I originally thought of buying a couple of Crucial Ballistix ram and changing the heatsink for a more sober one, but seeing that there is the possibility of just buying the memory without heatsink I was also thinking about buying one of those red heatsinks and maybe painting them black. Thanks in advance and cheers!
i haven't seen any black vlp ddr4, other than what tigo had. i think the profit margin is just too thin for consumer vlp ram to justify the added cost of a black pcb mask. it seems silly, but that's just how commodity goods are dealt with. tigo has effectively stopped offering ram outside of the asian and russian markets. they closed their aliexpress store as well. even klevv hasn't made their products directly available in the west. someone might step up when ram prices spike and they can justify a higher margin. maybe we'll get a ddr4 update of that wonder ram samsung put out in 2012🤞.

as to your other point, i might have some leftover vlp ram heatsinks from server pulls. dm me and i'll see what i can find.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
i haven't seen any black vlp ddr4, other than what tigo had. i think the profit margin is just too thin for consumer vlp ram to justify the added cost of a black pcb mask. it seems silly, but that's just how commodity goods are dealt with. tigo has effectively stopped offering ram outside of the asian and russian markets. they closed their aliexpress store as well. even klevv hasn't made their products directly available in the west. someone might step up when ram prices spike and they can justify a higher margin. maybe we'll get a ddr4 update of that wonder ram samsung put out in 2012🤞.

as to your other point, i might have some leftover vlp ram heatsinks from server pulls. dm me and i'll see what i can find.
Hi, man. Sorry it took me so long to reply. It's a pity what you say, but you are right, if the profits are not high, then the price of the black PCB can not be justified. We can only cross our fingers that what happened with Samsung's legendary ram will happen again sometime soon.

Regarding your offer, I want to thank you, but probably the shipping cost is not justified. I live in Colombia and it is easier to get things from China thanks to AliExpress free shipping. Thanks again, it was very kind of you. Take care!

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
so i probably should have mentioned it earlier, but i'm dumb. i'm still waiting on a 3rd gen ryzen to update the bios on my mb. testing shouldn't take more than a day or two after it arrives. i'll post my results here as soon as i get a stable 3600. i'm definitely going to reach for the 2000mhz fsb and just pray the ram can hold 4000 stable at reasonable timings.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I am seriously mulling getting 2x 32GB 3200MHz sticks from Taobao. Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Know of any good sellers?

Model code is: MTA18ADF4G72AZ-3G2BZTG

Last edited:

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
I am seriously mulling getting 2x 32GB 3200MHz sticks from Taobao. Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Know of any good sellers?

Model code is: MTA18ADF4G72AZ-3G2BZTG
Why would you buy it there? It's usually quite a hassle to import from China. I would look for a local source.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
@Aki - 32GB 2666Mhz VLP sticks seem to be mostly out of stock where I am from (UK). Plus I have prior experience ordering from Taobao using Superbuy. Ordering from Taobao right now seems to be the quickish option.

I should of worked my original post a little better, I was wondering specfically if anyone had any luck getting 32GB 3200MHz sticks. I've only seen one guy on Reddit get lucky.

swooby

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2021
Yeesh! What a cluster!
I have given up trying to find a seller with stock of the 16GB MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2 3200MHz.
I do see some still in stock at some UK sites, but I'm in the US and none that I have found ship here.
Taobao seemed too sketchy to me.

I ended up buying the 16GB MTA18ADF2G72AZ-2G6 2666MHz for $95.33 each, free shipping, at https://www.aztekcomputers.com/mta18adf2g72az2g6e1-Crucial-1L5XMSPBJ47.html

That should help me complete my rig build and hold me off for awhile until 3200s ever become obtainable in the US again.

Weird times we live in. :/

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
@Aki - 32GB 2666Mhz VLP sticks seem to be mostly out of stock where I am from (UK). Plus I have prior experience ordering from Taobao using Superbuy. Ordering from Taobao right now seems to be the quickish option.

I should of worked my original post a little better, I was wondering specfically if anyone had any luck getting 32GB 3200MHz sticks. I've only seen one guy on Reddit get lucky.
A couple of European shops have them in stock. Most Some seem to deliver to UK.
Here a link to a price comparison site:

(I live in Germany and I had good experience with Jacob.)

Reactions: Analogue Blacksheep

swooby

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2021
The legendary D9WFL E-die is confirmed. Not sure if my photo is zoomable. This is from 2nd link from charlybegood . I ordered a bit earlier so it's already at the warehouse.

Edit: can't link the actual photo. Some1 please teach me how to ;-D
imgur.com/a/RaK0lBa

When using that link today from the US I just get redirected to a page that says "This product cannot be shipped: According to relevant regional laws and regulations and Taobao policy, this product cannot be shipped to your country or region".

:/

glimbersnrufflles

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 5, 2021

I bought two of these using Superbuy, they arrived last week. Took about a week and a half to ship to eastern US. Waiting for the 5700G to release, so I haven't tested then yet