Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
Just a brief update to say that the micron 3200 MHz d-die D9TZV run at 3200 MHz @1.2V with Ryzen 2700 on Asus B450-I 'out the box'.
I haven't played around too much yet and so far only achieved an OC of 3266 MHz by upping DRAM and SOC voltage.

3333 MHz is a no go with only voltage tweaks. Attempted with stock timings, DRAM voltage = 1.4V, SOC voltage = 1.03125. Will try optimizing subtimings to push further though I think the memory controller might be the roadblock here.

Happy with my wee rig all the same though. Framrates are significantly up and power usage/noise/heat and footprint are all massively decreased.

gergl

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2020
Messing around with one stick of the D9WFL while waiting for more to arrive. I got it to 3400 14-20-16-36, tCWL 16, for a latency of 63.6ns. I haven't touched other timings yet. I can go higher speed but only with much looser timings. I'd be happy with this if the new sticks can't do better.

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
Couldn't get to improve my tRCDRD timing, I tried to increase VSOC up to 1.20V, and VDRAM up to 1.45V, as well as tweaking other parameters (VDDG IOD,
VDDG IOD, VDDG CCD, cLDO VDDP, procODT...) and losening other timings without success, bootloop at tRCD lower than 21.
Anyway I'm fine with what I could get from those memory sticks at 3600Mhz.
One thing to note is that they can get quite hot (checking to the touch) after some time while benchmarking them with heavy 24GB memtest, I can get a BSOD as Micron E-dies are temperature sensitive. That doesn't happen when I put a desktop fan blowing onto them while benchmarking (I live in a tropical place). But in normal workload and gaming I'm not having this problem. I installed as well those VLP memory red heatsinks from Taobao that were discussed in the thread.\

My timings at the moment @ 3600Mhz and 1.36V VDRAM

lvnder

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 31, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm in a bit of a predicament..

I have an MSI B550i Gaming Edge WIFI motherboard and want to go for the 32GB Crucial VLP kit, however nowhere does it mention that this motherboard supports ECC memory. Does anyone have any insight on compatibility for this combination? Thanks

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm in a bit of a predicament..

I have an MSI B550i Gaming Edge WIFI motherboard and want to go for the 32GB Crucial VLP kit, however nowhere does it mention that this motherboard supports ECC memory. Does anyone have any insight on compatibility for this combination? Thanks
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-B550I-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI/Specification ==> Detail
It says: "Supports non-ECC UDIMM memory" , but you may still be able to run your kit in non-ECC mode. Should be an option somewhere in BIOS. I hope it will run just fine on your rig

Wrathfulweasel

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 23, 2020
Got my ram today. Got D9WFL's that everyone has been talking about. ShopBLT doesn't stock these, so they ship from Micron to them, then to customer.
I can vouch for this, I ordered from ShopBLT on 12/13 from the link @Diverge posted, and ShopBLT shipped it to me on 1/15. Received D9WFL's as well!

Reactions: Oizon

Freshfrenchfries

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2019
Also, I've since moved from the ZS-Case A4 V3 to a FormD T1 and from the blackridge v2 to watercooling. I'm going to sell my micron vlp as soon as my crucial ballistix order arrives (in Feb).

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
Also, I've since moved from the ZS-Case A4 V3 to a FormD T1 and from the blackridge v2 to watercooling. I'm going to sell my micron vlp as soon as my crucial ballistix order arrives (in Feb).
Is that because of thermals? I mean switching the case? You have almost identical setup as I try to build. Same MoBo, same CPU, same PSU and same GPU *RTX 3080 TUF which is exactly same one I'm going for :-)
First I bought a K39 case hoping to fit upcoming RTX 3060ti ITX *which now we know never came out*. Then I got mad because of that and decided to go all out and get new case K55 and fit a freaking RTX 3080 TUF. I'm sticking with Blackridge V2 and VLP RAM tho. Ah yeah and a different SDD hehe
So your setup looks fantastic to me! GJ

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
Is that because of thermals? I mean switching the case? You have almost identical setup as I try to build. Same MoBo, same CPU, same PSU and same GPU *RTX 3080 TUF which is exactly same one I'm going for :-)
First I bought a K39 case hoping to fit upcoming RTX 3060ti ITX *which now we know never came out*. Then I got mad because of that and decided to go all out and get new case K55 and fit a freaking RTX 3080 TUF. I'm sticking with Blackridge V2 and VLP RAM tho. Ah yeah and a different SDD hehe
I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a Black ridge +120mm fan in a tiny K39 style case (Loli1 A4), it is now quieter than previously (Noctua L9a) with better temps, as the fan doesn't spin as fast. I still hope for a 3060TI itx from ASUS as they released a reference in the Phoenix series (single fan) ASUS RTX 3060 Ti 8GB PHOENIX PH-RTX3060TI-8G. But I may come later because of actual shortages for graphics cards.

Freshfrenchfries

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2019
I like the peculiar aesthetic of the FormD T1 over the V3, so I settled on it. Just like with the ZS case, I tried to cram the largest CPU cooler possible. In the T1, that happens to be a 240 rad (some ppl even do 2X 240). I tried a 120, but swapped it out for a HJ 17mm 240 radiator and 2x Thermaltake Toughfan 12s.

Thermals were great with the blackridge and acoustics were decent. I disliked the turbulence noise of the a12x15 above the motherboard in the V3 and their decision to design that space for exceedingly rare ultra slim fans. Ironically, the same story of needing just a few extra mm played out in the T1: with just 3mm more, I could've fit 2x 25x120 fans with a proper 20mm XSPC rad. I dislike tophats, so I won't be trying out watercooling with the V3.

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a Black ridge +120mm fan in a tiny K39 style case (Loli1 A4), it is now quieter than previously (Noctua L9a) with better temps, as the fan doesn't spin as fast. I still hope for a 3060TI itx from ASUS as they released a reference in the Phoenix series (single fan) ASUS RTX 3060 Ti 8GB PHOENIX PH-RTX3060TI-8G. But I may come later because of actual shortages for graphics cards.
Let's hope you are right about this phoenix 3060Ti release ;-) I hope it will come out soon enough. Otherwise I will be waiting for 4070 ITX Lovelace or something like this XD.
This is the only mention I found so far https://videocardz.net/asus-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-8gb-phoenix . Last updated about 3 months ago. Also says comes out after Dec 2. I found out that Asus releases Dual Mini RTX 3060Ti (200 mm GPU) along with 3060Ti KO at December 2 as well. They might've just skipped Phoenix series. Those bastards! ;-(

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
MSI 3060 Ti ITX

MSI revealed a 3060 Ti in ITX format.
Finally!!! God bless MSI!!! Now it just needs to hit the market and not cost 600+ euros XD Also looks like RTX 3060 ITX also came out. And... you guessed it! MSI Aero 3060 ITX that is. https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3060-AERO-ITX-12G I will personally go for Ti model. I doubt that I'll be playing 4K or even 2K on this tiny GPU but who knows. And 100% sure without ray bullsh... erm tracing that is. So I will never need that 12GB marketing gimmick.

Last edited:

gergl

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2020
Glad to see your results, I'm going for a very similar build. Same CPU, cooler, fan, and the Micron 3G2E1 sticks, on a B550i Aorus. I just got the system up and running and tried to do some quick tuning. One stick appears to be dead, so I'm only trying with one at the moment. I can get it to 3800 at 1.4v, haven't tried higher. But at 3800 the Infinity Fabric desynchronizes down to a lower frequency, I haven't tried tweaking anything else to get it to sync. But even with Infinity Fabric and RAM both at 3600, I can't boot with the timings tightened at all. I gave up for the night leaving the timings on Auto, which puts CAS at 26 lol. It wouldn't boot at 19, I didn't try any higher. I'm hoping with two good sticks and a bit more research I can tighten it up like yours. Thanks for the link to the guide.
Just to update this, with 2 sticks I'm apparently stable at 3600 16-22-18-36, Trc 64, Trfc 580 at 1.37v

gergl

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2020
And after beta BIOS update with AGESA 1.2.0.0 I was able to boot into Windows at 4000MHz/2000 IF at 1.45v! Don't know if I'll bother tightening and testing though, I'm happy with a stable 3600C16 for now at a lower voltage. Getting 61.4ns latency.