Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

Syncro

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2019
The only other available 32gb vlp dimms i can find are on ebay and the ICs are garbage-tier spectek trash. anyone with the early, shitty adata vlp dimms can attest to spectek quality. they're a low-end sub-brand of crucial.
It may be too early to judge the SpecTek ICs, but this german review demonstrates very acceptable overclocking headroom for their sample. Somewhat makes sense since SpecTek will always be based on current Micron ICs and D9XPF appears to be halfway decent (which also gives insight into why earlier ADATA was bound to be extra trash, Micron ICs have been weak until Rev.E).

Regardless, I'm looking forward to someone posting a review. I would love to look into them myself, but sadly can't justify it right now. Though their pricing is very acceptable.

Other 32GB modules I've discovered where these, but they aren't openly available:
https://www.smartm.com/products/productdetail.asp?SMARTPartNumber=ST4097UD420825SAU - they're apparently even 0.97mm shorter than VLP.

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
Not sure if these were already here: https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/?partid=KVR26N19S8L/8
But at least in Germany they are reasonably priced and readily available.
They seem to be using Nanya A-die (at least my and the ones from one guy, who apparently bought 34 sticks of them and overclocked them on Ryzen and wrote a review, are). For me they overclocked to 3400 cl 16 19 19 19 36 with a literal 5min overclock and are rock stable for around 3 days. Gonna tighten things up a bit more once I have time. Also, they are the first pair that was able to boot into windows at 3533 on my 2700x without any problem (tried different Samsung c and b die as well as micron a and b die). The guy in the reviews here also said that 3466 was an easy overclock.

cwspellowe

Cable Smoosher
New User
Mar 7, 2020
Not sure if these were already here: https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/?partid=KVR26N19S8L/8
They seem to be using Nanya A-die (at least my and the ones from one guy, who apparently bought 34 sticks of them and overclocked them on Ryzen and wrote a review, are). For me they overclocked to 3400 cl 16 19 19 19 36 with a literal 5min overclock and are rock stable for around 3 days. Gonna tighten things up a bit more once I have time. Also, they are the first pair that was able to boot into windows at 3533 on my 2700x without any problem (tried different Samsung c and b die as well as micron a and b die). The guy in the reviews here also said that 3466 was an easy overclock.

That's good to know, I picked up a pair of these last week. So far I've booted fine at 3400 with auto timings but haven't tried tightening them yet, your results are promising

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016
That's good to know, I picked up a pair of these last week. So far I've booted fine at 3400 with auto timings but haven't tried tightening them yet, your results are promising
Here are my results after tightening them for around 3 hours including around 2.5h of stability testing.

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
way too expensive. you can get 16GB dimms with hynix cjr for 90usd right here.
I've actually found a local listing for a kit of 2 (32gb) for around the same price.
Probably shouldn't have linked that eBay listing.

I'm not asking about the price, I'm interested in their OC potential.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I've actually found a local listing for a kit of 2 (32gb) for around the same price.
Probably shouldn't have linked that eBay listing.

I'm not asking about the price, I'm interested in their OC potential.
thanks for the clarification. it's micron e-die, it should overclock fairly well.

Reactions: milica

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Super excited to try these out. I ordered from provantage (I'm in the US). I have ordered from them before (got a Intel 660p about a year ago). Their price is good ~36usd each. Total came to $85usd with shipping and tax. :) I'll let you know when they arrive and and I'll try @Aki 's numbers. :)

APSinc

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2018
I found some Samsung VLP memory on Ebay...any idea if it would work?

I'm only asking first because at the moment I don't have a way to test it...Planning for an upcoming build and I'm trying to get stuff mostly all at once

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017

I'm only asking first because at the moment I don't have a way to test it...Planning for an upcoming build and I'm trying to get stuff mostly all at once

that's registered memory. it won't work in normal desktop consumer motherboards.

Syncro

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2019

If you have your heart set on Samsung 16GB memory, look at this instead: https://www.ebay.com/itm/202933435866

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Just an update from my previous comment:

Super excited to try these out. I ordered from provantage (I'm in the US). I have ordered from them before (got a Intel 660p about a year ago). Their price is good ~36usd each. Total came to $85usd with shipping and tax. :) I'll let you know when they arrive and and I'll try @Aki 's numbers. :)

I received them yesterday! I'm waiting on my new PSU to arrive (today or tomorrow) before I continue on and test them. Will provide more details when I get it up and running. My nf-a12x15 won't be here until Monday unfortunately. :(

APSinc

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2018
Most of the RAM that I've seen listed on this thread has been stated as being registered. Are all the listings generally inaccurate in that regard?

APSinc

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2018
Also, Synchro that listing is in the UK and they don't appear to ship to the US, although I suppose I could always ask.

Syncro

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2019
Most of the RAM that I've seen listed on this thread has been stated as being registered. Are all the listings generally inaccurate in that regard?
Which listings specifically are you referring to? Most people here bought the kits from ADATA, Kingston, or Innodisk. I haven't seen those advertised as "Registered" yet myself. All of those are Unbuffered, only some (like the Innodisk, Crucial and V-Color kits) are Unbuffered ECC. Registered DIMMs won't work on virtually all consumer boards.

Tell us what kind of memory you're looking for, maybe I can help you. I got a list of links somewhere

TLN

Average Stuffer
Mar 9, 2020
It makes more sense to have VPL memory in servers, then in normal desktops. By the way, reg memory will work perfectly fine with Xeon and some i7 CPUs.