GPU VEGA NANO

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Not sure and was too lazy to look myself as I am not in the market to do a water-cooled system ATM ;)

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
For the record, if you're looking for a Nano with water cooling you may have more luck finding a block for the Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse which despite having a full length air cooler is using an ITX PCB.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202318

Does that have a compatible waterblock though? If it did, then boom! we found our solution.

I've been looking for one for the last couple of months without any luck. The closest I found to any progress was this tweet from EK:
I replied yesterday asking if it was still "just a thought":

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone knows when or if these cards will become available in Europe? Can't seem to find them anywhere!!!

hyp36rmax

Trash Compacter
May 7, 2018
This also came out from Alphacool

A freaking waterblock!!!

Just ordered one from Aquatuning. Taking one for the team. Alphacool needs to update their configurator though.

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
So will this fit any Vega gpu with the short PCB or just the Nano?

Used Vega cards are getting reasonable finally.

There is a Sapphire pulse Vega56 for 375 shipped buy now on eBay for instance.

Last edited:

hyp36rmax

Trash Compacter
May 7, 2018
So will this fit any Vega gpu with the short PCB or just the Nano?

Used Vega cards are getting reasonable finally.

There is a Sapphire pulse Vega56 for 375 shipped buy now on eBay for instance.

I'm actually not sure. I'm assuming this will fit short PCB VEGA's. I reached out to Alphacool for compatibility on Twitter. They need to update their compatibility engine.

Reactions: Jello and TheHig

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
I emailed Powercolor about what's going on with their Nanos, and was told that they'd have them available on Newegg in the next few weeks. Maybe mass availability might start soon, I guess we'll see

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
I emailed Powercolor about what's going on with their Nanos, and was told that they'd have them available on Newegg in the next few weeks. Maybe mass availability might start soon, I guess we'll see

I would be all over this thing. Probably would be even a minor upgrade over my 1070

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
I would be all over this thing. Probably would be even a minor upgrade over my 1070
I don't think this is worth upgrading to if you already have a 1070. GTX 1070 and Vega 56 are so close in terms of performance. I guess unless you fall into the niche I defined earlier in this thread.

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
If you want to go with the strongest AMD card available and stay small then you do have a good point @bran. ;)

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
It's worth when the said 1070 (ftw) doesn't fit in your case :)

Freesync? :D

@bran Oh, I thought you had the 1070 in your current build already. Makes sense.
@deadline Yep, that was one of the things I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread.

I have the R9 Nano and the Vega 56 Nano. I think it's a worthwhile investment if you own a 1440p or 4k FreeSync monitor and want a SFF case that's actually small. My R9 Nano could not play PUBG at reliable frames on my LG 34UC98-W at 3440x1440. I had to play at 2560x1080 to keep the frames between 60-75 on the R9 Nano and when playing at 1440p I would get 30-50 FPS on medium-low settings. If you've played PUBG you know the game could go from no action to high action really fast. When I tried to play at 1440p with the R9 Nano in PUBG I'd get massive frame drops when enemies popped up and shot at me with automatic rifles (the absolute worst time). I can play the game easily at 1440p on the Vega Nano and the frames are around 80-90 FPS medium-high settings. Because PUBG is not optimized I still get frame drops at certain times so I use vsync as well at 60FPS for smooth game play. With the R9 Nano that's not even an option on 1440p.

Ok, let me stop rambling. Here's how I see it.

• You only or mainly play at 1080p.
    • Keep the R9 Nano, don't upgrade.
  • You don't care about FreeSync.
    • Keep R9 Nano or upgrade to GTX 1070/1080 mini.
  • You don't care about mini GPUs or SFF mITX cases at all.
    • Why are you reading this then? Use any normal sized GPU that fits your fancy.
  • You care about FreeSync, SFF mITX cases that are actually small, AND you want to play above 1080p resolutions on high settings with competitive framerates.
    • Upgrade to Vega Nano.
Final notes: If your case has decent cooling you should find that the R9 Nano and Vega Nano temps and noise are similar. Temps and noise are the same to me in my LZ7 case.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Yeah. Used 1080 minis are around 400 or even less if you shop.

Right now Vega price/perf isn’t there unless it’s a used 64.

Ok getting back to topic: Anyone actually have a Nano 56 to play with yet? I believe @Josh | NFC is planning on putting one in the S4 for @Kmpkt which is very exciting.