GPU VEGA NANO

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Yeah. Used 1080 minis are around 400 or even less if you shop.

Right now Vega price/perf isn’t there unless it’s a used 64.

Ok getting back to topic: Anyone actually have a Nano 56 to play with yet? I believe @Josh | NFC is planning on putting one in the S4 for @Kmpkt which is very exciting.
He showed it on stream couple weeks back

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Ok that’s where I saw/heard it then.

Looking to see how Josh can tune it since having terrific results with my 64.

If anyone can get Vega to be sff friendly it’s Mr NFC.

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
Ok that’s where I saw/heard it then.

Looking to see how Josh can tune it since having terrific results with my 64.

If anyone can get Vega to be sff friendly it’s Mr NFC.
I mean...the Vega Nano seems SFF friendly enough in my LZ7 Case. I'm sure I could get more out of it though. Here's the Performance Per Liter of my build:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ppl-performance-per-liter-round-2.8824/#post-112826

It does run hotter than my R9 Nano. It's usually at 80-82C during long gaming sessions, but that's also because of where I have the case.

hyp36rmax

Trash Compacter
May 7, 2018

Ok getting back to topic: Anyone actually have a Nano 56 to play with yet? I believe @Josh | NFC is planning on putting one in the S4 for @Kmpkt which is very exciting.

Ive had one since the original relwasw over the summer. my waterblock came in last week. waiting on a single pci bracket

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I mean...the Vega Nano seems SFF friendly enough in my LZ7 Case. I'm sure I could get more out of it though. Here's the Performance Per Liter of my build:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ppl-performance-per-liter-round-2.8824/#post-112826

It does run hotter than my R9 Nano. It's usually at 80-82C during long gaming sessions, but that's also because of where I have the case.

I'll check it out in the PPL thread. Been a while since I looked in on it--thanks!. Yes with a SFX psu in a chassis such as the LZ7 its totally fine as you know. I was getting at the S4 and HdPlex 400w whenever it comes out and Josh tries it. Have you messed with UV etc on your Vega Nano? Great results for me on the Vega 64 I'm running. Lot more room and airflow in Cerberus X though. Curious to see what people can do with the Vega Nano.

Ive had one since the original relwasw over the summer. my waterblock came in last week. waiting on a single pci bracket

Sweet. Post pics, thoughts , benches!

Lupercal

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2017

I've had my Nano 56 since the first release in June. I haven't done much in the way of overclocking since I really have no idea what I'm doing. I just use Afterburner to run the fan at higher RPM when gaming.
I'm quite happy with it, coming from using Ryzen 2400g iGPU and an r9 380 before that.

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Have they not made more vega nano models? The only listing I've seen was on newegg and its never been in stock when I look.

JonoColwell

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 12, 2018
I'm currently testing the Vega Nano, the newegg one is currently in stock, as an FYI, Running the Ryzen 2600, the Vega nano on power save mode is currently drawing around 350 watts from the wall, I've had one peak to 370 or so, note that the monitoring software I'm using only goes down to a second by second thing and I'm just doing a longer term test.

Last edited:

JonoColwell

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 12, 2018
Here's some data on the power consumption of my system, I tested the Corsair Link wattages against an at the wall wattmeter and they're within 1-2 watt variance but that could be explained by differences in observation and logging time as the at the wall wattmeter changed multiple times per second.

All data recorded is on the second page.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Here's some data on the power consumption of my system, I tested the Corsair Link wattages against an at the wall wattmeter and they're within 1-2 watt variance but that could be explained by differences in observation and logging time as the at the wall wattmeter changed multiple times per second.

All data recorded is on the second page.

It says: we are sorry, document not published.

rusty815

Caliper Novice
Jun 22, 2018
Anyone who has a Vega nano, if you've undervolted and overclocked the card, can you post your numbers (Mainly, frequencies and voltages for the core and the HBM)? Trying to see if downsizing to a nano from a 64 would be worth it in order to get a smaller case/

SiG

Trash Compacter
Oct 8, 2017
Anyone who has a Vega nano, if you've undervolted and overclocked the card, can you post your numbers (Mainly, frequencies and voltages for the core and the HBM)? Trying to see if downsizing to a nano from a 64 would be worth it in order to get a smaller case/
I'd like to second this request. I'd like to find a good "safe" undervolt + Power Limit setting before I start playing silicon gacha...err...lottery. Having a conservative "base" setting to work on would remove a lot of the second guessing and save on tons of hours of testing.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
True the results are sure be different give or take chip for chip but the general guidelines on tuning Vega are pretty solid in that link. A place to start as it were.

Interested in what folks here see on the Vega Nano in this regard.

zillatron

Trash Compacter
Dec 5, 2015

Here ya go :)

I just got my Sapphire Pulse last week, this is what I'm running with the stock cooler so far:
Still a WIP. Some more good (if slightly old) info: https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3020-amd-rx-vega-56-review-undervoltage-hbm-vs-core

Z