GPU VEGA NANO

E-Rod

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2018
I will be testing one of these as soon as I can procure one. Will be watching Newegg and other retailers like a hawk.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
I as well will be trying to get my hands on one, although I'm not able to watch stock levels closely at work. Would like to have an all AMD system, because matching!

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
i use gigabyte ab350 itx because its memory slots....just wont conflict with nano even you install tall RGB memory sticks

Liquid cooling?
Looks like the AMD Quantum (I'd like a chassis like this...), but that one had one water block for both cpu/gpu.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Liquid cooling?
Looks like the AMD Quantum (I'd like a chassis like this...), but that one had one water block for both cpu/gpu.
lol,you remind me something,but mine is not like that quantum liquid cooling.
CPU and GPU face to face ,each has its own heatsink but share a single 11cm big 12mm thin powerful blower....

i can only show you this,the sample of case will be back later

and i make a special direct plug for this case which has a pcie slot on it, so,it seems that the vega nano is plugged into my G-uniq direct plug psu ....

seems still has lot of space for a G-uniq 300watts internal module~but that may add 15watts more heat source in the case

the case is now 176mm *175mm*58mm,only 1.8L,some people dont be nervous, i am not trying to beat anyone,i just make it for fun

Last edited:

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
lol,you remind me something,but mine is not like that quantum liquid cooling.
CPU and GPU face to face ,each has its own heatsink but share a single 11cm big 12mm thin powerful blower....

i can only show you this,the sample of case will be back later

and i make a special direct plug for this case which has a pcie slot on it, so,it seems that the vega nano is plugged into my G-uniq direct plug psu ....

seems still has lot of space for a G-uniq 300watts internal module~but that may add 15watts more heat source in the case

the case is now 176mm *175mm*58mm,only 1.8L,some people dont be nervous, i am not trying to beat anyone,i just make it for fun

Can you share that blower?

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Can you share that blower?
sorry i am a newbie to this forum

i reserved 3 holes for an external loop when go watercooled-aircooled hybrid
it is a little ironic that a triple AMD plaform using Nvidia Titan style venting holes lol

and there will be a custom FPC cable connect to the pcie riser card to tranfer pcie signal:

Last edited:

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
sorry i am a newbie to this forum

i reserved 3 holes for an external loop when go watercooled-aircooled hybrid
it is a little ironic that a triple AMD plaform using Nvidia Titan style venting holes lol

and there will be a custom FPC cable connect to the pcie riser card to tranfer pcie signal:
can you show an image of that blower fan?
Thanks.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Lupercal

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2017
I was lucky enough to grab one of these from Newegg yesterday morning. FedEx tracking says it was delivered to my parent's house about an hour ago. I'll go pick it up and start testing things tonight.

Really hoping that the HP Omen X 330w brick and my Dynamo 360 + mini combo are up to the job.

I'll be pairing the Nano with the Ryzen 2400G I've been using the last few months. I think with the iGPU disabled, it's pretty low wattage.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Sweet. What case are you using or are you going to bench test the power setup to see if it works out?

Interested in seeing your findings either way.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I had a reference MSI Vega 56 and it alone routinely pulled over 200w per afterburner.

It was paired with a Ryzen 1700 on the AsRock Taichi board powered by the Corsair sf450. I had to up it to the sf600 to get the Vega 64 bios flash to run stable. Which I expected really.

I feel since the Nano is a reference Vega 56 basically you are going to need to lower the power limit with software like afterburner , under volt and or limit your frame rate to get it stable with a 330w brick and 65w cpu.
Basically tune it any way you can.

It it runs fine out of the box with your power set up I will be pleasantly surprised.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
AMD did a software thing where you can tune the performance parameters, didn't they? Like zerocore or something?

Lupercal

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2017
Powercolor Vega 56 nano and HP Omen X 330w power ac adapter arrived today. Installation was easy, and there's still a decent amount of room left in the bottom of the S4M. I think it wouldn't be impossible to make this a brickless build.

I don't really know how to do any real in-depth testing, so I fired up BF1 and changed everything from Low to Ultra. On my 1080p monitor, it was easily doing 90-120fps. Pretty impressive, to me, compared an avg. 65-70fps of the 2400G iGPU at low settings. I don't know how that compares to other Vega 56 reference cards.

After about 30 minutes of heavy BF1 play, max temp was 81c. Idle is ~34c.

Plugged into a kill-a-watt, my system was around 290-300w during BF1 with occasional peaks of ~330w. Idle is ~50w.

That's all I've got, for now.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Powercolor Vega 56 nano and HP Omen X 330w power ac adapter arrived today. Installation was easy, and there's still a decent amount of room left in the bottom of the S4M. I think it wouldn't be impossible to make this a brickless build.

I don't really know how to do any real in-depth testing, so I fired up BF1 and changed everything from Low to Ultra. On my 1080p monitor, it was easily doing 90-120fps. Pretty impressive, to me, compared an avg. 65-70fps of the 2400G iGPU at low settings. I don't know how that compares to other Vega 56 reference cards.

After about 30 minutes of heavy BF1 play, max temp was 81c. Idle is ~34c.

Plugged into a kill-a-watt, my system was around 290-300w during BF1 with occasional peaks of ~330w. Idle is ~50w.

That's all I've got, for now.

What's the noise like? Any coil whine? I heard that was a problem with the last gen Nano's.

If there are any in stock, i'll probably try to pick one of these up next month.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
@Lupercal

Very encouraging results! Thanks for taking the leap and sharing with the community. I’m curious to see what clocks the card is holding. In my experience anything 74C hit the one I had pretty hard.

The Omen power brick seems legit.

Yes. I am pleasantly surprised!

Reactions: Biowarejak