Selling [UK] HP Pro 3505 & HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF

Desired Price
Currency
GBP
Payment Methods
  1. Trade In
Delivery Method
  1. Postal Service (e.g. USPS, Canada Post, etc.)
  2. Courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.)
  3. In Person
I rescued some old machines my work were throwing out, so there are some parts going spare if anyone's interested.

Total haul is:

1 x Dell Optiplex 3020
2 x HP Pro 3505
2 x HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF

At this point I'll most likely keep the Optiplex for the Mrs and one of the 4300's to frankenstein a home server; jury's out just yet on keeping one of the 3505's as a sandbox.

So at the moment parts from one of the 3505's and one of the 4300's are available.

HP Pro 3505
AMD A6-3600 CPU
HP AAHD2-HY (Holly2) Motherboard (better pix and specs)
(I beleive) Wraith Spire cooler with Coolermaster fan
DVD/RW optical drive
300w HP PSU with 24 pin

HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF
Intel i3-3220 CPU
HP MS-7782 motherboard
Passive CPU cooler (it's light - aluminium maybe?)
2 x DVD/RW optical drives
HP PCA019 240 PSU
Fan pictured

Sundries
1 x Foxconn 92x92x25 fan
1 x AVC 92x92x25 fan
SATA cables (I'll be keeping 3 of these for my homeserver)
And of course the cases and whatever's left

Since planning out the server build for one of the 4300's I realised there are a few bits and pieces I need to get my hands on, if anyone can help out in exchange.

Firstly, the fan in the PCA019 is an absolute banshee, but apparently can be swapped out if anyone has an NF-A9 PWM they'd be happy to part with? The homeserver will live in a cabinet next to (my side) of the bed, so I aim to keep it as quiet as possible. The transplant fan I can pay forward to whoever wants it.

Secondly, removing the optical drive has now left a void on the front panel. If anyone has a 3D printer and would be happy to print me a fascia I'd be appreciative!

Lastly, I hadn't considered the boot drive. I have a 160GB 2.5" drive which took a tumble down the stairs, and the whirring, clicking and crunching sounds don't instill a lot of confidence. I appreciate the Silicon Power 120GB SSDs are about 15 quid now, but in the spirit of exchange and getting parts that would otherwise go to landfill into the hands of people who want them, if anyone has a 100GB-ish 2.5" drive going spare they'd be happy to part with let me know.

No charge, just cover the postage cost within the UK. Any small gubbins that'll fit within a Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter I'm happy to cover the postage.

Last edited: