Concept Two Portable SFF Gaming Cases - under 7L and under 5L (w/ 500W PSU)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Made some progress this weekend, will have some updates soon.

For renders if anyone has a R9 Nano or Mini-ITX GTX card 3D Model in .STEP or .IGES I'd appreciate getting ahold of it.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I don't think there are any as of yet. Creating detailed renders takes a lot of time and effort, and the Nano just came out and it is very pricey.

But the dimensions are PCIe standard compliant (height and width) with the length from the back of the bracket (not including the lips) to the front being exactly 6 inches.

Reactions: esplin2966

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Awesome work, I'm really envious of people's ability to handle 3D software without going nutters.

Regack

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2015
This is where I am so far. Only have to model the heatsink and the fan.

Not to hijack the thread at all, but where did you find the measurements for the nano? I was going to wait until I have one to measure the fan placement & size from the PCI bracket, so I can re-do the side-panel in my cube to match. I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to provide some baseline measurements using the top of the PCI bracket as a reference point.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Not to hijack the thread at all, but where did you find the measurements for the nano? I was going to wait until I have one to measure the fan placement & size from the PCI bracket, so I can re-do the side-panel in my cube to match. I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to provide some baseline measurements using the top of the PCI bracket as a reference point.
This is based on pictures I got from reviews, so it might not be accurate to the millimeter. I used them as textures that I projected to base my 3D mesh on. It's accurate enough for rendering, but not enough to have a perfect alignment. I'd need the actual card or blueprints for perfect 3D modeling.

Regack

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2015
This is based on pictures I got from reviews, so it might not be accurate to the millimeter. I used them as textures that I projected to base my 3D mesh on. It's accurate enough for rendering, but not enough to have a perfect alignment. I'd need the actual card or blueprints for perfect 3D modeling.

Ahh, ok that makes sense, thanks! I'll stick to my original plan then :)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
That's amazing work, I'd say upload it to GrabCAD or the like as it'd be a good resource for a lot of people.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Update for 10/29/15

Officially starting this project today after a few months of constant delays with other projects pushing it back.

Received my bifurcated riser with 20cm length, single slot version will be here Monday 11/2/15!

This project is going to result in 5 or 6 different case sub-designs/variants with a combination of these options:

Single Slot Riser or Bifurcated Riser
FlexATX or SFX/SFX-L
Full Length GPU/PCIe Card(s) (~13") or Mini-ITX Length Card(s)

Updates to come!

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Do you know if the bifurcation works? I know there was some discussion of it on [H], but the people who attempted this couldn't get it to work, from what I recall. I'm definitely interested in seeing how this goes; good luck!

Reactions: Josh | NFC

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
It works good, what boards were they trying to get it to work on?

Some boards require a resistor modification (Z97E-ITX/ac-n), others like X99 need a BIOS flash and then there's some that work with bi/tri/quadfurcation right out of the box like Quanmax KEMX-8201 (the board hiding to the right in background)

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
The X99-ITX/ac, same as you, which is the only ITX consumer board that has the BIOS option for a bifurcated PCI-e connection. Good to hear that it works well. For shits and giggles, I would love to see someone do a dual water-cooled single-slot 980 Ti K|ngp|n set-up with a bifurcated card on an ITX board.