Trashcan case from China

ScarletStar

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
Seems like a different case. :eek:
Cryorig seems too busy with their Taku that they pretty much forgot about the Ola.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Ah I forgot to add this on the What's on Taobao thread. I didn't open the link but 99% sure I know which case this is. The strange thing is you can buy it through at least 3-4 sellers now, and I think I saw a couple variations of it too. Reviews seems to be pretty positive though.

Reactions: VegetableStu

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Ah I forgot to add this on the What's on Taobao thread. I didn't open the link but 99% sure I know which case this is. The strange thing is you can buy it through at least 3-4 sellers now, and I think I saw a couple variations of it too. Reviews seems to be pretty positive though.
This case is very interesting to me, did you happen to have links to the other seller's website?

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016

Wow, thanks. The 2nd link seems to provide the most details and has more pictures, seems more legit than the other 2. Now I just gotta figure out how to order on taobao, would love to use this case as a build for my dad lol.

ScarletStar

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
The second one does not exist anymore it seems. I saw that one before too, but somehow it disappeared. They had pictures of the real thing that looked pretty finished too.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The 2nd one is by 'Silver River' (my translation of the brand name, not official), model name being W1.
Even checking 'Silver River' 's TB store does not show this case anymore.

Anyway, there is an user review (and RGB mod) in Chiphell. There are many pics too.
I am a new member and am not allowed to post link yet. Sorry.
But, that thread is on the first page of the Computer Hardware forum over there. Even if you cannot read
Chinese, just look for W1 in the thread title and you will find it.

moremoretea

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2017
i was interested in such form factor earlier and found this:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...PL0WLG&id=561347767072&ns=1&abbucket=2#detail
I have also spoke with the seller and he was willing to mod the case to fit longer GPU (default size limit 25cm13cm4cm). Unfortunately, the shipping fee will not be cheap since the case cannot be shipped in pieces like some other custom sffpc case, so i didn't order one. The seller was very helpful and answered a lot of my questions on the taobao chat app, if u're interested, i can translate some of those useful info to u.

i also found this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...PL0WLG&id=553697906602&ns=1&abbucket=2#detail

tbh, i don't recommend trash can style cases like these, especially for gaming or any heavy load use. Since they do not have perforated panels like the others, ventilation may suffer significantly. However, if you use low tdp cpu and blower style gpu, it might work. I really wanted to test out this https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...PL0WLG&id=561347767072&ns=1&abbucket=2#detail but im turned off by the shipping cost.

Last edited:

ScarletStar

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
The idea about trashcans is that they don't need perforated sides (those might even be detrimental to cooling). Since almost all the air is actually forced through the components and basically no hot air is recycled inside the case. I've never had one so I don't know how well it actually works yet.

moremoretea

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2017
The idea about trashcans is that they don't need perforated sides (those might even be detrimental to cooling). Since almost all the air is actually forced through the components and basically no hot air is recycled inside the case. I've never had one so I don't know how well it actually works yet.

if you ever got one, im very interested to know the temps. i do love the clean look of trashcans; the uncertainly of temps, high shipping cost, and hardware limitation drove me to dan a4sfx liked custom case and louqe ghost s1.