Geeek A50 case

Blue_Qbe

Case Bender
Nov 19, 2018
Hey guys, anybody knows how much does this case weight? Looking for a very light case for mobile set up and this one looks promising.
I'm just asking for an exact weight not an estimation.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Quicksandman

Chassis Packer
Dec 7, 2018
I talked to the customer service the other day, and as far as I understood there won't be any A50X, but they will release A60 in a few weeks.

I was told that they will postpone the release of the A50X upgrade kit. They will release the A60 first and once the A60 is available they will offer two options for people that already purchased the A50 case, a discounted price on a A60, or a discounted price on an A50X upgrade kit.

NeoConker

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2017
Waiting on white one.

BTW how is the quality of the riser cable?

We will find out when the case arrive because Geeek change the supplier from Li-Heat to ADT.

I have no trouble with Li-Heat in the plast, replacing the original riser from a Thermaltake G3.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
Anyone can tell if the A50 and A60 uses 20x20mm or 10x10mm extrusion profiles?

Well it is neither. I measured 15mm on my A50.

Neil

Reactions: NeoConker

Tobias Claren

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 22, 2018
Hello.

Ist this case only available from Geeek, or perhaps cheaper by dealers.
In the EU?
And what does a PCIe 16x riser cable cost if you do not buy it from Geeek?

Are there any other (cheaper) alternatives?
It may also be made of plastic. It can indeed be shielded from the inside with foil or net.

P.S. (extra topic):
We need 3D print files for such a case (DanCase A4, Geeek A50, perhaps Kolink Rocket).
Plastic is lightweight and sturdy, depending on the surface (rough textured surface...).
I could print it for free in the public library in Cologne.
When I get a new library card.

I think a plastic case (with metal foil, or at home DIY) without riser cable could be offered for ~<$25 with shipping from China.
That's (~€22) the limit for tax-free entry into the EU.
Riser cable could be offered separately. Also under ~$25.

In addition, a blueprint with parts list to produce from thin wood.
I still have old cabinet back wall.
Or are these cases so complicated?
We definitely need good 3D printing templates (there are few cases on Thingiverse, but very exotic / extravagant, no good practical SFF case), but I believe that even a DIY made of wood would be possible.

I would like to have something small, around the 10l (2,6gal), but mobile.
Preferably with handle, and sturdy/ruggedized surface. I think a TU100 is still expensive.