Enclosure Tips on The smalest itx/sff cases

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 12, 2018
Hello im starting to say sorry for my bad english.
But i want tip for The smalest itx/sff cases that dont cost to much under 350 dollars. Thank you just spamm me thank you!

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Hello im starting to say sorry for my bad english.
But i want tip for The smalest itx/sff cases that dont cost to much under 350 dollars. Thank you just spamm me thank you!
What do you consider SFF? That's a very vague definition. By now, I could reccommend you a Raspberry Pi Zero case and be done.

But seriously, what hardware will you be using?

Reactions: The Big Praf

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
https://www.sfflab.com/collections/enclosures/products/nfc_s4m is one of the smallest which can accomodate a GPU. The same site (which is affiliated with this forum, as far as I understand these matters) offers other mighty fine boutique cases. The only remarkable one missing is the Sentry but it's between revision changes so it's hard to get right now. If you don't need a GPU then even smaller cases exist but my knowledge is scant in that area.

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 12, 2018
What do you consider SFF? That's a very vague definition. By now, I could reccommend you a Raspberry Pi Zero case and be done.

But seriously, what hardware will you be using?
Gaming offcoruse :D setup going to change but like 2080ti and i9 i dont know right now, i have 1070ti and 8600k now in dan a4 sfx V3.

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 12, 2018
https://www.sfflab.com/collections/enclosures/products/nfc_s4m is one of the smallest which can accomodate a GPU. The same site (which is affiliated with this forum, as far as I understand these matters) offers other mighty fine boutique cases. The only remarkable one missing is the Sentry but it's between revision changes so it's hard to get right now. If you don't need a GPU then even smaller cases exist but my knowledge is scant in that area.
The problem with that Case is The psu that.. But yeah im in love with that sometimes

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Gaming offcoruse :D setup going to change but like 2080ti and i9 i dont know right now, i have 1070ti and 8600k now in dan a4 sfx V3.

If you already have 8600k and 1070ti, I don't know why you would "upgrade" as the cost/benefit ratio beyond what you already have is arguably poor. Unless somebody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to spend on new hardware, I advise you to sit tight and wait on 7nm GPUs and Intel to finally deliver on 10nm or AMD to ship 7nm Zen. You will otherwise spend a ridiculous amount of money chasing "the best money can buy" for a marginal performance bump.

You already have a 7 liter case (and IMO a great one), so I don't see you being able to get much smaller in practical terms.

If you have that much money and are determined to spend it, then please also PM me a moneygram while you're being so generous with it.

Reactions: el01 and loader963

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
You are really not gonna get much smaller with your current parts. That said, there are some different form factors. The “console style” cases such as the zaber sentry or the Salvo 401, which can be found here.

With that kind of cpu, it’s really hard for smaller coolers to keep them cool. If you wanted to go a bit larger for more coolers or perhaps an aio, would you be willing?

Reactions: el01

Xccapman

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 12, 2018
Yeah im going to give this computer to a 10year old boy that parentes did die and his brother when he was 2 in a badly car acident. Now his living in a foster care, and not a "rich" one so them not giving him a computer so off course he Will have mine. And I also looking for a house for me and my wife so he Will move in to uss. I did order a sambos 401 so i Will probly have it today.

Reactions: loader963