Enclosure Introducing malkans SFF Cases!

malkans

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
malkans
New User
Dec 5, 2022
Hi!

My name is Amit, and I’m the founder of a new SFF PC case company (malkans.com). The primary motivation behind the idea came from my personal SFF building experience that left me wanting to create a range of premium cases that customers could buy for under £100.

I’m proud to announce that after many months of planning, designing, testing and sourcing, the first two cases are now in-stock, and the website is finally up and running!

I’m happy to answer any questions about the cases (details below), and it would also be great to hear your feedback, as well as suggestions for features or specifications of future models.

They are only available in the UK at the moment, but I am looking to bring these cases to customers internationally at a fair price. If anyone has any tips to share about that, that would be much appreciated as well!

Both cases are self-build, allowing users to add components inside the case effortlessly. They are made from premium matte acrylic, mostly 5mm thick, and have a mini-tower design. Both include a metal power button with labelled motherboard connector pins.

SF8G

The SF8G fits GPUs up to 204mm. I considered reducing the maximum GPU length in order to reduce the overall volume of the case, but decided against this in favour of a separate model in the future for smaller single fan GPUs.
More info and full spec: https://www.malkans.com/products/sf8g-mini-itx-gaming-pc-case

SF5A

The SF5A is a unique APU case supporting an SFX PSU as well as a 92mm case fan, all inside a 5L case.
More info and full spec: https://www.malkans.com/products/sf5a-mini-itx-apu-pc-case

Thank you!

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I think you need to create a thread in Concepts part of the forum. I've recently moved to the UK and was looking different itx cases on eBay then found yours there. Different approach actually, an APU case with SFX psu. I liked the way they look, like a solid brick. Good luck for the sales :thumb:

Reactions: malkans

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I would suggest the using of custom PSU cables for the 2 demo builds of SF8G and SF5A in their product page as it will greatly enhance the clean and tidy look which will most certainly appeal better to potential customers.

Just a friendly suggestion.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
They are made from premium matte acrylic
Panels look indeed top notch quality!

And the low price is much appreciated!

For the SF5A, isn't there room for a 120mm bottom fan? 120mm slim maybe if a regular fan is interfering with the mobo?
If so holes for a 120mm fan screws could be added.

Reactions: malkans

malkans

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
malkans
New User
Dec 5, 2022
I think you need to create a thread in Concepts part of the forum. I've recently moved to the UK and was looking different itx cases on eBay then found yours there. Different approach actually, an APU case with SFX psu. I liked the way they look, like a solid brick. Good luck for the sales :thumb:

Thank you!
The cases were already on sale before I made the post here so probably wouldn't qualify for the concepts section in the forum. Maybe I can post the next case in there 😄

malkans

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
malkans
New User
Dec 5, 2022
I would suggest the using of custom PSU cables for the 2 demo builds of SF8G and SF5A in their product page as it will greatly enhance the clean and tidy look which will most certainly appeal better to potential customers.

Just a friendly suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion, it definitely would look a lot better aesthetically.

malkans

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
malkans
New User
Dec 5, 2022
Panels look indeed top notch quality!

And the low price is much appreciated!

For the SF5A, isn't there room for a 120mm bottom fan? 120mm slim maybe if a regular fan is interfering with the mobo?
If so holes for a 120mm fan screws could be added.
Thank you!

Unfortunately a 120 mm fan would interfere with the mobo as the bottom panel width (minus the 2x 5 mm thick side panels which would be on top of it) would only total 127 mm.

Reactions: BaK