Concept Tiny-Rix ITX! 5.4L Unibody ITX case, Full Length GPU

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
I do feel like the title needs to be changed. It doesn't fit the guideline:
  1. Have a clear and concise thread title. Company name (if applicable), project name, and a very brief description are recommended, for example: "Chassis Inc Quark Mk II: 4L SLI case"

Also, why are you using the inner dimension as the measurement? With that I can claim a chassis with an external volume of 20liter to be the smallest case ever. Perhaps you want to shave off that 0.3 liters to make your case '4.7' liters instead of 5?

Reactions: BernardoZ

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I do feel like the title needs to be changed. It doesn't fit the guideline:

Also, why are you using the inner dimension as the measurement? With that I can claim a chassis with an external volume of 20liter to be the smallest case ever. Perhaps you want to shave off that 0.3 liters to make your case '4.7' liters instead of 5?
I didn't even notice that, material dimensions are very important, as they can add more than even 0.3 liters, up to probably 0.7 liters.

Reactions: 1461748123

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
I didn't even notice that, material dimensions are very important, as they can add more than even 0.3 liters, up to probably 0.7 liters.
He said he will be using 2mm stainless steel sheets, so I just add that to the equation. What makes me kinda mad about this post is that this is clearly marketing BS and is completely misleading to everyone else.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
He said he will be using 2mm stainless steel sheets, so I just add that to the equation. What makes me kinda mad about this post is that this is clearly marketing BS and is completely misleading to everyone else.
I had a design very similar to this, and the interior dimensions were 4.4L-4.5L on the inside, but like 4.7L-4.9L, because of the *1mm* thick steel.

Reactions: 1461748123

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
I think by stainless steel he means graphene. Graphene is two dimensional which means external volume = internal volume.

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
RoLexus, I'm still waiting for the 8.8 Litre ATX, SLI, water-cooled case :)

When I saw your case last year in you tube, I tried to find some where to buy but couldn't, then I learned to designed.
and I'm going to make 8.8L ATX SLI water cooler case to break your world record :)

I wonder how that will be achieved if this case is ITX + WC and already 7 Litres.

Either way,

My advice to you RoLexus is focus on one case. There are so many aspects to getting a case right. So many optimisations that can be done.
Pumping out case after case means none of them will be good, just cheap clones.
Innovate, solve problems, don't just move the pieces of a puzzle and use a sledge hammer to make them fit.

Last edited:

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
RoLexus, I'm still waiting for the 8.8 Litre ATX, SLI, water-cooled case :)

I wonder how that will be achieved if this case is ITX + WC and already 7 Litres.

Either way,

My advice to you RoLexus is focus on one case. There are so many aspects to getting a case right. So many optimisations that can be done.
Pumping out case after case means none of them will be good, just cheap clones.
Innovate, solve problems, don't just move the pieces of a puzzle and use a sledge hammer to make them fit.
It's small interesting surprise for you, I will show after got a finish one. :)

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Update design in 1st post.

With unibody those venting holes will increase the price... a lot. What is more, it looks like the space between GPU and CPU compartment is very tight (5-6mm?). How are you going to install standoffs in the middle wall, while keeping this dimension so small? AFAIR standoffs according to the ATX standard must have at least 6.35 mm of height. Middle wall will be made of steel or will it be thick enough to make threaded holes?