Threaded Cubes for DIY Cases

Hello,

I hope you’re having a great day! I am selling threaded cubes for assembling your own scratch-built computer cases/enclosures. They are 12x12x12mm and have a full-length centered M3 thread on all sides.

I’ve made several enclosures using similar fastening methods in the past and have included some examples at the end of this post. I want to offer these to anyone who is interested in making their own case.

Each cube is made out of steel, deburred, and zinc-plated for corrosion resistance. Because it’s ferrous, you can secure panels to the cubes with magnets or screws.

There are a few other existing options for case assembly cubes (which are also usually 12x12x12mm with M3 threads), but they seem to be prohibitively expensive or ship from overseas. Because of this, I found a manufacturer to make my own.

I am asking $1.00 per cube. Shipping is $3.00 within the US. Thank you!

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
thanks! whats the thinnest you think? thats still strong. aluminum? im thinking of making an STX case so every mm counts. and I'll already be adding 12mm to each side for the cubes.

Reactions: Poblopuablo

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 28, 2016
@XcPNehVYlE4A3C @Poblopuablo

I totally agree with Poblo in terms of minimum material thickness. The thinnest acrylic I've seen used with threaded cubes was 3mm thick, but I'm unsure how strong the case was. When using thin materials, it may be a good idea to incorporate components into the structure of the case (big metal parts like PSU's can add some structural rigidity).

Reactions: Poblopuablo

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 28, 2016
@Colinreay Would you ship these outside of the US? They're perfect for an idea I had, and to be honest a good thing just to have spares of anyway :p

I can definitely ship outside of the US! However, international shipping is a bit more expensive (around $10). If that works for you, feel free to send me a PM!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Just PM'ed you. I bought some cubes elsewhere before, wish I had seen this thread sooner!