News Thermalright AXP90

It looks like Thermalright is working on a new heatsink in the sub 50mm height class:

Last edited:

Tashi

Trash Compacter
Jun 15, 2019
Unless it comes with a second set of brackets that allow for it. I wonder how hard it is to create your own costume brackets. But mounting pressure will be a bit hard to get right.

Reactions: MarcParis

LefilleG

Cable Smoosher
Nov 18, 2019
anyone tried axp90 on strix itx? the screws on mine doesnt reach to the back of the mobo, i can force to mount the nuts but it will bend the board

LefilleG

Cable Smoosher
Nov 18, 2019
That's how it is on mine. Pads don't touch and you need to the torque using the thumbscrews. It does work though.
wont bending the board damage it? or i have to torque it just enough that it doesnt flex the board as much, but will that have good pressure?

ASCii

(ツ)
Jan 7, 2017
I believe I ran into similar, just make sure you torque them evenly corner to corner, and ensure it's not contacting any surface mount components.

I did not use a screw driver to torque them, I went finger tight evenly and one more partial turn on each when they were felt tight.

LefilleG

Cable Smoosher
Nov 18, 2019
I believe I ran into similar, just make sure you torque them evenly corner to corner, and ensure it's not contacting any surface mount components.

I did not use a screw driver to torque them, I went finger tight evenly and one more partial turn on each when they were felt tight.
got it, will try it later. thanks

LefilleG

Cable Smoosher
Nov 18, 2019
finished installing axp90, im getting 82c on timespy cpu test and jumps to 90c just before it finishes. i should reinstall, no?

Artturih

Case Bender
Dec 24, 2019
finished installing axp90, im getting 82c on timespy cpu test and jumps to 90c just before it finishes. i should reinstall, no?
Is your board asus rog strix x570 gaming-i mini-itx? And what cpu are you using? How did you made the cooler to fit without bending the board?

Last edited:

LefilleG

Cable Smoosher
Nov 18, 2019
Is your board asus rog strix x570 gaming-i mini-itx? And what cpu are you using? How did you made the cooler to fit without bending the board?
im using x470i strix with 3600. i did just what ascii said, finger tight until they felt secure enough. there is still a bit flexing on the board as i cant really put the screws without bending it

Last edited:

ASCii

(ツ)
Jan 7, 2017
I haven't built an AMD system for many years so It didn't even occur to me that board lacks socket reinforcement from the back, which is most likely contributing to the board bending ?

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
The aluminum version is on AliExpress now, no sign of the copper version yet. Cost is ~40usd not including shipping (which is about $5usd for me in the US) decent alternative to the fairly rare c7 in the US.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

Misjn

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Just got the copper version via superbuy. Came with Thermalright TF7 and TF4 pastes. I also have Arctic MX-4. Anyone know which of these is the best?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
TF4 has 9.5 W / m.k

Mx4 is 8.5 W/(mK)

Idk what tf7 is... But the w/mk isn't the only thing to go by. Viscosity and longevity also play a part. I'd probably do with the mx4.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
I think I'm going to buy the CU one and test with Sentry 2.0. Similar CPU cooler clearance to Dan-A4, so I'm expecting there could be turbulence issues, similar to C7, but I'm too curious not to try it I think. I will post back with cooling and noise results comparing to L9a with duct and AXP90 fan vs A9x14 Chromax