News Thermalright AXP90

It looks like Thermalright is working on a new heatsink in the sub 50mm height class:

Last edited:

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
I think its not compatible with ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
Can someone please confirm if there are compatibility issues?

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
I just ordered one for my ASrock Phantom z390, just expecting it to fit haha.. Do you think there are compatibility issues?

Im 90% sure it wont fit, just need someone to confirm it on 100%, the AXP 90 is 97x97 mm. (on the box it states 97x92 whitch is misleading and wrong)
ASRock clearance is 95x95 same as the ASUS Strix Z390-I shown from the Chinese reviewer HERE

Last edited:

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
Im 90% sure it wont fit, just need someone to confirm it on 100%, the AXP 90 is 97x97 mm. (on the box it states 97x92 whitch is misleading and wrong)
ASRock clearance is 95x95 same as the ASUS Strix Z390-I shown from the Chinese reviewer HERE
That's good, on 2mm is needed to shave off

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Jul 30, 2018
Does it push the RAM? I have 4400MHz RAM modules that are quite thick... so i may have a problem with that.
You are awesome, please share more pictures!
It does not touch the ram or the heatsink that I modded for my black ridge. I'm using the fan brackets it came with it on a 92mm noctua by grabbing it from the sides

If can solve the height issue with S4M. I will be making gaurd for the VLP ram transfer the heat around the RAM

Last edited:
Reactions: Nichronos

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
It does not touch the ram or the heatsink that I modded for my black ridge. I'm using the fan brackets it came with it on a 92mm noctua by grabbing it from the sides

If can solve the height issue with S4M. I will be making gaurd for the VLP ram transfer the heat around the RAM

I kinda noticed something, did you broke your VRM heatsink on the motherboard?
Seems it have less ribs than my.... This may be one of the reasons you are able to mount it :)

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Jul 30, 2018
I kinda noticed something, did you broke your VRM heatsink on the motherboard?
Seems it have less ribs than my.... This may be one of the reasons you are able to mount it :)
So luckily the heatsinkhad cutout that was the perfect angle to get a hacksaw. It was meant for the black ridge but I don't know if it helps with the. Axp90, either way the k ly tool you need is a hacksaw

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Jul 30, 2018
Yeah, my PC isn't liking this axp-90, gonna switch back to the black ridge if applying thermal paste doesn't help

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Jul 30, 2018
I give this cooler a thumbs up, it works as good as my Black Ridge without the need for VLP RAM or maybe cutting the z390 phantoms heatsink. The downside is that it too tall for the S4M w/ a noctua fan.

90C @ 4.6Ghz on a 9700k on noctua thermal paste