Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I believe the CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-L12. Given the design and size of the heatsink and the location of the CPU socket and other motherboard components, it may not be possible to rotate the heatsink 90 degrees.

BTW the NH-L12 is discontinued. Its height without a fan on top of the heatsink is 66 mm. The NH-L12S is the replacement model, but it's taller at 70 mm which is too tall for the Ghost S1. So get the NH-L12 while you can. I would try replacing the 92 mm NF-B9 PWM fan that comes with it with the Noctua's new slim NF-A12x15 PWM 120 mm model.

Reactions: SilverFox18

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
@PaChalski, I probably missed it, but what is the price set at? looking to purchase 2.

Price is below, from the newsletter an hour and a half ago if you didn't get it:

• Super early bird (ghost plus a top hat): 1790 SEK
  • Early bird (regular ghost, no top hat): 1790 SEK
  • Early bird (ghost plus a top hat): 1990 SEK
  • Normal ghost: 1890 SEK
  • Ghost plus a top hat: 2190 SEK
  • Packs of 2 or 3 units (price not given)
  • "3 of the `FOUR KINGS` will be available" whatever that means

Reactions: Biowarejak

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
What is different between Super early bird and early bird?

Super early bird gets you a free top hat with your discounted ghost. Early bird regular only gets you a discounted ghost with the option of getting a discounted (but not free) top hat as well.

And presumably there's only a limited number of each

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
It looks like there's a fairly large gap between the front panel and the top hat. Will that shrink in the production version?

Also, might it make more sense to rotate the heatsink 90 degrees so the air could flow up more easily?

Yes, the gap will be eliminated by adding ciutersinks for the top platform to “fall” into in the gables.

Rotating it 90 deg not possible I’m afraid due to heat pipes

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
How much is it for shipping to Australia?
Also are there any pics available for the painted white?
Australia is 500/750/850 SEK in shipping for 1/2/3 cases.

Yes, we have pictures but white painted will not be an option. It is simply not good enough and does not have the same quality feel as the anodized ones. We hope to get the natural blasted one tomorrow. Posting the painted pictures will case confusion.

Blindo

Efficiency Noob
Nov 29, 2017
For people wanting to use 2 EK MLCs it is not possible to mount one in the bottom “TopHat” in a standing case,
EKWB MLC manual. Might be possible if you have the case on the side.