Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
How is a slightly wider dan clone with horrendous quality control a fresh breath of anything. Especially considering all the super unique builds that happen on this forum.

First of all: It's not a clone of the Dan. The sandwich layout may be similar, but the builds you'll be able to do in the Ghost is widely different from the Dan. The builds in the Dan range from: Nocuta N9A or Cryorig C7 to Asetek 92 mm radiator. I love the Dan and building in it was loads of fun, but it is nowhere near as flexible.

That being said, I completely agree with the quality control. It's embarrsing and personally I think Louqe has been in way over their heads from the get go. I just think the design works really, really well. The width is great for air coolers without being overly wide, and the tophats allowing for extra coolers or radiators is still a game changer in my eyes.

Love it or hate it, I think it has brought something new to the table, and for all its flaws it is still the one case I'd prefer to build in today. I just hope Louqe can get everything sorted out and become an SSF mainstay like Dan, NCase and the likes. In my opinion they're doing something different and I hope they can carve out a niche for themselves.

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
It is exactly 57mm of space what you can use for hw. Did measure right now.

Thanks!

So EK MLC is out of the question.

it looks like its going to have to be the cross flow radiator

First of all: It's not a clone of the Dan. The sandwich layout may be similar, but the builds you'll be able to do in the Ghost is widely different from the Dan. The builds in the Dan range from: Nocuta N9A or Cryorig C7 to Asetek 92 mm radiator. I love the Dan and building in it was loads of fun, but it is nowhere near as flexible.

That being said, I completely agree with the quality control. It's embarrsing and personally I think Louqe has been in way over their heads from the get go. I just think the design works really, really well. The width is great for air coolers without being overly wide, and the tophats allowing for extra coolers or radiators is still a game changer in my eyes.

Love it or hate it, I think it has brought something new to the table, and for all its flaws it is still the one case I'd prefer to build in today. I just hope Louqe can get everything sorted out and become an SSF mainstay like Dan, NCase and the likes. In my opinion they're doing something different and I hope they can carve out a niche for themselves.

I think Louqe's future will be decided on the 2nd batch and how it fairs. Iron out the comms problems and quality issues, they're onto a winner.

zhnu

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2017
I think Louqe's future will be decided on the 2nd batch and how it fairs. Iron out the comms problems and quality issues, they're onto a winner.

Sure but I don't know what kind of improvement you can expect when the ETA is January and they haven't finished even shipping first batch, if I had to guess some of the first batch is still being produced and second batch will be more of the same.

Emailed louqe today about my orders and only got a generic response.
Code:
We see your order and we also see that it has not been shipped yet. Our distributor is going through the halted orders one by one to solve them and get them shipped.

We apologize for all the delays and can’t really say when it will be shipped.
PS:
For reference my first order was placed in February location EU.

Last edited:

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
So with the Maximus VII Impact, the only orientation that will work with the Noctua NH-L12 (unless I remove the VRM heatsink) is the with the heatpipes facing towards the PSU. I have a couple of concerns here.
1. The heatpipes physically (barely) touch the power supply. Is this going to cause an issue with cooling?
2. One of the heatpipes also barely touches the CMOS battery. This may change once I put the actual CPU on the motherboard, but it's unlikely.
Will either of the above cause issues? Two pics in album below-

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
Dear community,
I have my M.2 SSD on the back of my motherboard and it's hitting 77C - 80C while gaming. On idle it's 55C. Is this normal or should i be worried ?
Specs:
i7 8700
RTX 2070
Noctua L12
Aorus z390itx pro wifi
Nvme Samsung 970 Evo. 500gb
Crucial MX500 1TB M.2 ssd <--- this one gets hot. Located on back of mobo.

My case also get pretty audible and hot under gaming load. GPU 77C on average. I don't have any extra fans, and it's a XS build. This is my first build, I don't know if all this is concerning.

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
So with the Maximus VII Impact, the only orientation that will work with the Noctua NH-L12 (unless I remove the VRM heatsink) is the with the heatpipes facing towards the PSU. I have a couple of concerns here.
1. The heatpipes physically (barely) touch the power supply. Is this going to cause an issue with cooling?
2. One of the heatpipes also barely touches the CMOS battery. This may change once I put the actual CPU on the motherboard, but it's unlikely.
Will either of the above cause issues? Two pics in album below-
I haven't moved my system to the Ghost yet, but I have my L12 cooler in the same orientation towards the PSU and it works perfectly fine. You are good.

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
Dear community,
I have my M.2 SSD on the back of my motherboard and it's hitting 77C - 80C while gaming. On idle it's 55C. Is this normal or should i be worried ?
Specs:
i7 8700
RTX 2070
Noctua L12
Aorus z390itx pro wifi

My case also get pretty audible and hot under gaming load. GPU 77C on average. I don't have any extra fans, and it's a XS build. This is my first build, I don't know if all this is concerning.
Is it your GPU that makes the noise or the CPU? You could turn the fans up on the GPU a little bit. Not sure how much space you have, but throwing a copper plate on that drive would help with a few degrees.

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Sure but I don't know what kind of improvement you can expect when the ETA is January and they haven't finished even shipping first batch, if I had to guess some of the first batch is still being produced and second batch will be more of the same.

Emailed louqe today about my orders and only got a generic response.
Code:
We see your order and we also see that it has not been shipped yet. Our distributor is going through the halted orders one by one to solve them and get them shipped.

We apologize for all the delays and can’t really say when it will be shipped.
PS:
For reference my first order was placed in February location EU.

I wouldn't expect improvement in quality control and case changes but certainly more in the logistics side of things and communication with its customers.

Take me for example, ask if to be delivered to my work address, instead goes to a pick up point when im on holiday and then when i return the pick up point has sent it back and Loque are faffing about now saying I'm going to have to wait for it to be returned back so they can ship back out and as such, new years is now more likely.

..I'm sure they will learn from that and in the next shipments and deliver to the actual addresses people specify.

zhnu

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2017
I wouldn't expect improvement in quality control and case changes but certainly more in the logistics side of things and communication with its customers.

Take me for example, ask if to be delivered to my work address, instead goes to a pick up point when im on holiday and then when i return the pick up point has sent it back and Loque are faffing about now saying I'm going to have to wait for it to be returned back so they can ship back out and as such, new years is now more likely.

..I'm sure they will learn from that and in the next shipments and deliver to the actual addresses people specify.

Well I received a tracking number finally, but it seems it's a pickup spot just like you I got lucky because I'm on holidays but in my country that sucks dude.

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
For me it seems like Louqe doesn`t learn anything at all, and will not in future. Allways promise some sweetys and then don`t get them out of the bag.

I was happily surprised that they will refund me the secound time payed VAT taxes. (Actually it`s not what we should have to ask for, but anyway.)
In that email I pleased to pay the amount to my PP or Bankaccount.
What does Louqe? They refund it to a virtual CC from Neteller.com from what I cancelled the account allready. WTF!
Isn`t that somehow sadistic? Same way of disapointments since the beginning and Louqe has nothing learnd and makes every mistake you are not able to imagine.

@SpencerUk I wish so mutch for you and all the other backers of this nice case to get it instantly. It would be the minimum after all these boring surprises created by Louqe. But at the end it will be only a wish. Sorry.

I mean, this isn't a multi-million dollar operation. It's basically run by one guy, and the results are quite impressive based on that alone.

Also, you must be new to Kickstarter/crowdfunding/small operations. Mistakes are going to be made. It isn't always easy to rectify, especially on short turn-arounds. PiMax (most well-funded Kickstarter ever) is well over a year late with their HMDs. I'm surprised it's (Loque) going as well as it is.

Having product in-hand isn't a minor accomplishment, and sure, there may be a few disappointments, but you are definitely over-blowing some things here.

Lunarlight

What's an ITX?
Oct 23, 2018
Hopefully by next year when I plan my build loque will be okay cause I really like the design and hope they fixed their issues by then

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Dear community,
Specs:
i7 8700
RTX 2070
Noctua L12
Aorus z390itx pro wifi

Are you throttling?

If you're really worried, buy a heatsink and apply thermal pad to the controller only. Leave the NAND unpadded as they like heat.

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
I haven't moved my system to the Ghost yet, but I have my L12 cooler in the same orientation towards the PSU and it works perfectly fine. You are good.
You can use the L12 in horizontal orientation and it will work fine, but you'll give up cooling performance vs. vertical orientation, as tested on overclockers.com

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Does anyone here happen to know if the MSI 2080 Ventus 8G OC fits? It's a 2.5 slot (50mm) so technically too thick by just 5mm but I saw someone report that it fit in a Dan A4 which has the same 45mm width as the Ghost I believe
Lol, no.

You probably want to revise those specs to 40mm.