Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
My top panel doesn't fit flush, and the side panels on one side was hard to fit that I had to stretch the case a little bit.. not sure if this is normal

m0lly

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2018
PLED + ---> White Cable
PLED - ---> Grey Cable
PWR + ---> Black
PWR - ---> Brown

EDIT: Judging by your pictures, it looks like you have the LED wires switched. If you switch them and the LED still doesn't work, you may have burnt out the LED. I don't know if it has any reverse current protection.

Like Zhnu said, the fan speeds aren't anything to worry about. They won't spin until they need to.
I always thought black was universal for ground. So I have it connected wrong? I have the black in PWR- and Brown in PWR+ and it's working fine ATM

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
I always thought black was universal for ground. So I have it connected wrong? I have the black in PWR- and Brown in PWR+ and it's working fine ATM

You're actually good. The Power Switch leads aren't polarized, so either configuration works. For simplicity of helping that dude out, I just picked a setup.

ninja edit: I changed my other post to reflect this.

Reactions: Randolf

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
My Ghost arrived yesterday!

Here are some pictures I snapped (not the best quality, there are comments in the imgur gallery)

Internals are here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBMTq4

I tried to record my build, but halfway through it I ran out of SD storage, so the whole movie is a bit unusable.
And because I thought I would have a recording I didn't snap any pictures during the build

Remarks about the case in bullet points:

• Overall quality is very nice, lots of attention to detail and the feel of the finish is just excellent, but there are too many issues to justify the premium price of this case
  • Small dents and damages to the anodisation all over the place, on every panel, luckily on zones that are not visible once the case is assembled
  • The side-panels are 97% flush, there are some weird bends in it, but judging from other people, this is good enough
  • The design of the top-hats is not very well thought through I think. The way the components of a top-hat attach to each other puts pressure on the plats, bending them if you tighten the screws too much. If you don't tighten the screws enough, the top-hat just falls apart, it literally just disintegrates in your hands
  • Power button is even iffier compared to the one in the A4-SFX, absolutely no premium feel to it.
  • PCB of the power-button also slightly bent.
  • You can't stack top-hats, although I don't know if this was ever planned.
  • Build overall was very nice, was very fun - although I think the A4-SFX was a nicer build, be it more rewarding because it was 1000% more difficult (with the 545LC AIO)
  • The Pump of the Asus ROG Ruyjin 240 is 70mm tall, 4mm too tall, so currently running without the sidepanel. My plan is to design/model some sort of brackets that can hold a custom 3mm or 2mm plexiglass panel in place. Will have these brackets professionally printed and then lasercut a plexiglass panel.

Performance and temperatures of the 8086K and Z390 are a-ok in my book. Might not be the ultra fastest rig out there, but considering its size it's more than decent: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12904674 - this is just default without any overclocking.

blno

Efficiency Noob
Nov 27, 2018
Does anyone here happen to know if the MSI 2080 Ventus 8G OC fits? It's a 2.5 slot (50mm) so technically too thick by just 5mm but I saw someone report that it fit in a Dan A4 which has the same 45mm width as the Ghost I believe

No it shouldn't fit.

It seems that the Reddit post you reference used a 2080 Ventus non-OC, and that the non-OC is actually thinner than the 50mm of the OC version.

I can confirm that the Dan Case A4 has a total thickness of 47mm for the GPU (complete, surface-to-surface, so you need a couple mm of clearance).

Jojo

Average Stuffer
Oct 28, 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: leecm

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Here are some pictures of my second build - tidied up all internal cables and AIO Tubes. I really like this case!

Reactions: Skarum

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Seeing these builds roll in, I am so impressed with what people are doing with this case. Even with all the trouble there've been with delays and such, the Ghost really feels like a breath of fresh air in SFF. Keep em coming!

Reactions: Jojo

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Seeing these builds roll in, I am so impressed with what people are doing with this case. Even with all the trouble there've been with delays and such, the Ghost really feels like a breath of fresh air in SFF. Keep em coming!

How is a slightly wider dan clone with horrendous quality control a fresh breath of anything. Especially considering all the super unique builds that happen on this forum.

Reactions: Solo

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Hey awesome friends, I am sure this has been posted somewhere but I cannot find it. To those completed your build, do we have an official document of colour code for Power SW and Power LED cables? Cheers.

Last edited:

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Can any owners advise if there's any extra mm for clearance if you put the L top hat on the top of the S1?

I know the top hat is 57mm (unless some changes were made? - can't trust the site) but I'm wondering if you can fit the EK MLC in there

SAS

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2017
I have still not recieved my Ghost - not even a trscking number..

Out of all the reviews and talking about faults I have even had a nightmare about recieving it. It had a big diference in the colors of the top hats and the sand blasted color was full of bumps etc.

If I pay 250€+ for a ITX case and waited this long then it better be damn good. Even full large premium atx cases costs less.