Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
We are truly sorry, and no one is more disappointed than I am! I wish we could compensate you somehow!

Well..you could you know....give us a discount on a Ghost S1....I kid. That's not realistic. I understand you ran into some unfortunate problems.

It's no big deal. It leaves some time for the English reviews to come out.

D

Deleted member 4779

Would you tell me the price in detail?

Super Early & Early Birds including TopHat starting at 1790 SEK (about $210), however limited
KS "regular prices" starting at 1890 SEK (about $239)
I wonder about this

Can I know each TopHat Price? Is it the group price for 3 pieces of TopHat?
How can I be the Super Early & Early Birds?

Wait, where did these prices come from?
Also, how did different currencies work during the first attempt at funding? Was everything denominated in either SEK or USD? (I'm asking because the SEK-CAD is worse than SEK-USD).

Last edited by a moderator:

Blood

Chassis Packer
Nov 25, 2017
There have been discussions on Sweclocker about increasing the height of the tophats by about 1mm to make room for rubber bushings.

This! A year or so ago I went back and added some small compliant 1.6mm thick washers (used in hifi gear for vibration isolation) between fans/case/rad and in my pump mount. Less vibration transferred to the case, less vibration transferred back into other components = quieter system.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
The newsletter when they let everyone know the date had been pushed back.

I had a few questions; apologies if I missed the answer to any of these, the thread is getting pretty long.

Are the feet changeable? Similiar to the custom aluminum feet NMPC tech made for the NCase M1?

I've seen mention of features you plan to implement in future revisions. Will purchased hats remain compatible though?

What is the power button mechanism and what's it made from? I really enjoy the feel of the vandal switch for my Caselabs M10 and S4 Mini.

Are the pull tabs interchangeable? The Swedish flag pull tab was pretty cool.

Reactions: Biowarejak

gomza9

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2017
How about the shipping fee to Seoul?
How much is the total price with 3 tophats?
Please let me know the detailed price.
I want to prepare the money for Ghost S1 :)

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Also, how did different currencies work during the first attempt at funding? Was everything denominated in either SEK or USD? (I'm asking because the SEK-CAD is worse than SEK-USD).

Because we are a Swedish company we are forced to use SEK as the campaign currency, all prices will be presented in USDs through KS converter mechanism. CAD will probably not be shown unfortenetly, as long as the conversion is worse to CAD you will have to throw in more CADs then USDs

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
The newsletter when they let everyone know the date had been pushed back.

I had a few questions; apologies if I missed the answer to any of these, the thread is getting pretty long.

Are the feet changeable? Similiar to the custom aluminum feet NMPC tech made for the NCase M1?

So far we have not seen any reason to lift the case, we will do a detailed test with different elevation intevalls and discuss the results with you before we decide to make alternative feel. But yes they are changable. If the tests show significant performance increase and we agree it is a good idea to offer alternative heights, two sets of feet will be included in the kit for you to choose from.

I've seen mention of features you plan to implement in future revisions. Will purchased hats remain compatible though?

There are a couple of changes we will do before the production units see the light, i.e. a third PSU position, custom WC mounting holes in blade, add 2.5” drive mounting holes behind PSU, an updated SSD-tray etc, none of which affect the TopHats in any way.

What is the power button mechanism and what's it made from? I really enjoy the feel of the vandal switch for my Caselabs M10 and S4 Mini.

A vandal button will have a deeper feel to it than our button that consists of a cilocone membrane and a dome switch under the aluminum button hat.

Are the pull tabs interchangeable? The Swedish flag pull tab was pretty cool.
They are interchangeable yes.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
How about the shipping fee to Seoul?
How much is the total price with 3 tophats?
Please let me know the detailed price.
I want to prepare the money for Ghost S1 :)
Shipping to Seoul is 500 SEK. Regardless of number of TopHats. During the campaign you will only be able to choose TopHat or not, afterwards you will be asked if you want more than one TopHat and what size if you have opted for a TopHat version.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
USB-C has been asked about by many, this is likely to be included before delivery but nothing we can promise at this point as we are discussing with suppliers. The IO-module is interchangeable but could cause a need of changing top grill. Backers will be consulted and we will find a good solution that the majority is happy with

I saw a few pages after the I/O has been removed completely. Is this still the case? I hope so, the clean design is perfect.

Would it be possible to stack S1s? on top of each other? Gaming / Streaming - Workstation / router etc all in one tall tower?

Last edited:
Reactions: zacobin
D

Deleted member 4779

Because we are a Swedish company we are forced to use SEK as the campaign currency, all prices will be presented in USDs through KS converter mechanism. CAD will probably not be shown unfortenetly, as long as the conversion is worse to CAD you will have to throw in more CADs then USDs

Thanks! No worries, of course you would use the denomination of your local currency! I have alternative methods of payment where I won't have to deal with the bad FX to CAD, so this is good information as I know to use these alternatives.

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
I saw a few pages after the I/O has been removed completely. Is this still the case? I hope so, the clean design is perfect.

Would it be possible to stack S1s? on top of each other? Gaming / Streaming - Workstation / router etc all in one tall tower?

The I/O has been completely removed, yes.

Stacking S1's isn't currently supported since there's no way to directly screw two cases together, because screw hole against screw hole does not a mounting make (no innuendo intended ;)). Some alternative way to join them would be required, like a double dild... hrm... with barbs... :p

It's an interesting idea though. The downside being that the heat generated by one case would go straight up into the next, chimney style, unless you'd use a custom water cooling solution to cool all machines with one single massive (as in maximal thickness) radiator on top.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
The I/O has been completely removed, yes.

Stacking S1's isn't currently supported since there's no way to directly screw two cases together, because screw hole against screw hole does not a mounting make (no innuendo intended ;)). Some alternative way to join them would be required, like a double dild... hrm... with barbs... :p

It's an interesting idea though. The downside being that the heat generated by one case would go straight up into the next, chimney style, unless you'd use a custom water cooling solution to cool all machines with one single massive (as in maximal thickness) radiator on top.
What about a "joiner"-hat? Side ventilation to let both cases draw in fresh air. Low turbulence meshing or something.

Reactions: SeeFiFo and zacobin

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Exactly, sure its a niche market but it just opens up the options so much more and I'd have thought the idea of the joiner hat above wouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Aren't the tophats magnetic now? If so it should be fairly easy to attach to both cases.