The space inefficiency thread

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I went to Best Buy to get a new Xbox One controller a few weeks ago and some dildo and his son were drooling over an on-display prebuilt. It had a windowed case to show off the dope fresh Intel stock cooler. Since I'm an SFF god and have supernatural abilities, I levitated past them and peaced out of the store giggling maniacally.

Reactions: Phuncz and Windfall

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
To be fair, if a prebuilt with a stock cooler was something that got my child excited about computers, I'd be all for that too, even as I had to ignore the bad taste in my mouth. ;)

Reactions: jan and Biowarejak

Glint

Master Lurker
Jul 20, 2018
Unfortunately, I'm somewhat guilty of this as well. I had big plans for my Shift X (first PC build). However, I discovered the SFF Forum... and plans changed. Drastically (which I will be making a build thread about in the coming weeks).

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Unfortunately, I'm somewhat guilty of this as well. I had big plans for my Shift X (first PC build). However, I discovered the SFF Forum... and plans changed. Drastically (which I will be making a build thread about in the coming weeks).

The issue seems to be in the bottom right.
But I'm not mad, seeing as you have found The One True Way!
XD

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018

Would you look at dat VRM density! A MASSIVE t h i c c 2+1 VRM!

Found this random thing... that GPU looks awful lonely...

Reactions: Biowarejak

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Please linus. SFF. PLEASE.

The box? Linus is very SFF for a human being (probably not as bad as my weight to height ratio tho)

I've given up on LTT videos. Too clickbait for me.

Tomorrow I'll hide my 4U server into a crawlspace and get another one to hide in the crawlspace. What I need is some like 24U racks in there and then I could have a very weak render farm (One ATI Rage 3D, two Teslas based on the GTX 480)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
The box? Linus is very SFF for a human being (probably not as bad as my weight to height ratio tho)

I've given up on LTT videos. Too clickbait for me.

Tomorrow I'll hide my 4U server into a crawlspace and get another one to hide in the crawlspace. What I need is some like 24U racks in there and then I could have a very weak render farm (One ATI Rage 3D, two Teslas based on the GTX 480)

My "render farm" is ATi Radeon 3450s. Aboy 20 of them, I got from a school for cheap!

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I also have some AGP cards...

A 3dfx voodoo!

AGP for life!
I have a 3dFX also, but it's PCI (I'm pretty sure)...

You know what? Now that I think of it, I maybe should build a datacenter within my landlord's crawlspace. With Raspberry Pis. Just imagine that thiccc compute density!