Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Why, IBM, why...

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hey, at least it arrived safely. I've seen laptop keyboards shipped in just padded envelopes without even a cardboard backer and arrive with 45 degree bends :(

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
ok I just got here and I kinda spammed your alerts with likes but this post crashed me

Lol, was going to write up a news post for this until I saw the dimensions: http://store.antec.com/cube_razer

365 mm x 250 mm x 460 mm (H x W x D) = 42 liters!

I remember the first time I saw this case and i was like damm that looks tiny and.. its 10L bigger than my Matx case???? how??

I really liked the aesthetics of it. I love the razer core look too, but its too big for just an egpu.

After buying yet another mobo this week, I present to you, the HP 110-014.

Wait.. isn't that just a standard HP M-ATX box?

Where's the PSU?... the expansion slots aren't punched out either!?!

Ohhhhhhhhhh...

Specs:
M-ITX, AMD E1-1500, DDR3, HD7310 IGP. Not a bad little mobo (I plan on using it for a HTPC) though :D

ok this one I felt pain, fisical pain
I dont know why I keep coming back at this kind of thing.. Its like watching some youtuber building furniture with too much concrete...... cringy as hell
bad design is sadly motivational for me

Cerberus it aint

OH THIS ONE I JUST GOT ANGRY
whyyyyyyyyyy
I'm actually more pissed about the way it makes harder to build inside than the space inefficiency.

I've decided to stop competing with this thread regarding eGPU releases and just put this here.

It appears to use a 400 W TFX PSU, creating plenty empty space inside. and wastes bandwidth with 4 USB 3.0 (1 capable of incinerating your phone Quick Charge 3.0) ports. No idea what the measurements are, but it does look smaller than all the other offerings out there.

I'm sort of bummed that Lenovo is using the same chassis on the Thinkpad T470p as the T460p. No TB3, inadequate cooling, and continuing IBM's tradition of barely-better-than-TN displays. Oh well.

this one I was like 'what? thats a pretty mini itx cas- OH NO WAY'

that would be a nice itx case :/

I had a lot of strong emotions in such a short period of time

thanks, keep posting

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@owliwar, that is a really 'horrible' selection of space inefficient gear :eek:
I just read the Bit-Tech review of the EKWB badged edition of the cube - another HUGE ITX case, that makes the ITX Evolv look small(ish).
What is wrong with these people?
I have owned an HP 'underpopulated' mATX tower, and it just asked why would you?

As to the MSI Aegis, it's also HUUUUUUUUUUGE, I watched Linus' video (for a bit), and was glad I have strong stomach.
I can't see a redeeming feature on it - SLI -pffffffffffft :\

Off to lie down in a darkened room to get over the horror of it all...

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015

Yeah, that's one BIG NVME installation! There COULD be space efficiency if there's a good number of Exabytes of storage in there.
In fact, it may even not be as big as it looks, and fit in a MANTA :p

I did have an ITX setup in an ATX case. But that thing still was around 15% smaller than the NZXT Manta.
Cannot have a page without mentioning Manta

It is big, buuuuuuut I like your lightweight defence argument!
It seems unbelievable that it's 15% smaller than the (dreaded) Manta and lighter than a Node 304. That's Lian Li & Alu for you - I had a little PC Q07 a few years back, which was lovely and light but no room for a GPU.
It was nicely made, but I did worry about doing up & undoing the screws into the aluminium in the long run.

Reactions: Smanci

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
hey people
right from a post from one brazilian pc gaming group on facebook
the build is not finished yet but you can see the aio, he's not using custom watercooling

Reactions: K888D