Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
I'll be trying to get some game tests done this week. I did get some data on Witcher 3:

CPU is obviously not stressed in this game. GPU is working, but temps look good.

Reactions: LeMoNH3aD

LeMoNH3aD

Average Stuffer
Oct 25, 2017
All these Ryzen deals popping up are making me want this case even more! I foresee a 1800x and 1080 mini in my near future...

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Yup.

But AMD uses nominal power consumption. Intel, I believe bases on their stress test or AVX power load.

In the end it doesn't really matter. They're all unlocked chips. They're a few clicks away from being anywhere 40W to 160W.

Reactions: Biowarejak

LeMoNH3aD

Average Stuffer
Oct 25, 2017
If I can tame a 1700X/1800X on air at stock clocks I'll be happy. There are a couple new heatsinks in the works that look promising in the forums.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
I looked into what some of the other case designers have done for thermal testing. I came up with some more tests to try to commonize test settings, -or at least allow easier comparisons.

I did some CPU-only testing with Prime 95 (no GPU test load). I also tested the effect of a case fan on CPU cooling. I also looked at how much restriction the cover has to ventilation. Lastly, since my ambients are high (25.5), I normalized the data to a 21.5C baseline ambient.

I used the highest-performance cooler I have on-hand, the Big Shuriken2.

Hope this is helpful.

Fire

Reactions: ignsvn

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
--Oh and an update on the important topic: the production run. I finally have a meeting with the fab house on Tuesday to discuss the final tweaks and prep for kickoff. (!) We are very close now!

Reactions: NoSk0pz

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
The time has finally arrived!

Manufacturing reviews have been completed. The final pre-production cases have seen assembled, inspected and fit-checked. Tolerances have been checked and we are a go to kick off production. You can check out photos of the final sample cases in the webpage Gallery.

The only two adjustments for production were adding 2 access cutouts to the chassis to simplify working in the case, and a finer brush finish on the cover and top. You can see what those will look like at the end of the gallery.

I am finishing up preparations, and within the next day will be sending out an email to those who have pre-ordered that payment can be made for your order on the webpage, and instructions for paying and shipping info. Then I will open the webpage for anyone to order. The plan is to have the store open for 7 days to give everyone time to order.

After the payments have been received for the first edition production batch (quantity between 30 minimum to 100 maximum), I will notify everyone and kick off the production order. From kick-off to start of shipping will be 8 weeks.

One note on pricing: If the final order batch is higher than 49 cases, then I will notify everyone of the price reduction (-$10 for 50-99 cases, -$25 for 100+ cases). This will be credited back to your visa or paypal.

Thanks!
-Fire!!
www.casebycasedesign.com

edit -- added web addy

Last edited:

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
So... I just pressed the "pay now" button, does that make me FIRST!? I'm gonna have a hard time buying anyone else Christmas presents after this XD

I'm getting the io front and one hdd bracket..

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So... I just pressed the "pay now" button, does that make me FIRST!? I'm gonna have a hard time buying anyone else Christmas presents after this XD

I'm getting the io front and one hdd bracket..

Nice one, I have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe I will get 007.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Eh? Is the pay button already available?

I couldn't see it in the website from my mobile phone.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Eh? Is the pay button already available?

I couldn't see it in the website from my mobile phone.

Yes it is. Since you pre-ordered you should have received an email with order payment information.
I see the correct buttons on my phone. Maybe refresh the page?

Fire

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Ordering and payment are being accepted for the MI-6 Case First Edition production batch. The timeline for payment, production and shipping is below:

1. Ordering and Payment: Open until thru Thurs Nov 30 11:30 pm MST.

2. Production: Kick off Friday Dec 1st. Production runs for 8 weeks.

3. Shipping starts: Friday Jan 26th.

Below are details on the process, which can also be found on the website.

PAYMENT PROCESS: Payments will be taken on the MI-6 website WWW.CASEBYCASEDESIGN.COM.

Select the SHOP tab to go and select your products. The prices shown are unchanged from the pre-order prices, and reflect prices for a 30 case batch. Note that if the total batch ends up being more than 49 cases, then I will notify you of the price reduction (-$10 for 50-99 case batch, -$25 for 100+ cases). This will be credited back to your credit card or paypal.

When you go to check out (either the checkout button for credit card or the PayPal button), you will enter your contact and shipping information. The page will automatically calculate your shipping cost. The only method used is US Postal Service (USPS) and will ship worldwide. Note if you want to order 2 cases, please place 2 separate orders to make sure the shipping will be calculated correctly.

When you are ready to pay, I have enabled payments via credit card or paypal. Note that when you pay you will be automatically transferred to the Stripe or PayPal webpage, as I am leaving all the financial handling with them. This way you (and I) don’t have to worry about the security of your personal information.

It should all be straightforward, but if you have issues please contact me and let me help get that fixed for you.

PRODUCTION: Production will be kicked off at the end of the ordering window. The exceptions are:

1. If we reach the 100 case limit before the end of the ordering window, then kick off could be sooner.

2. The other exception is if the minimum 30 case batch size is not yet met at the end of 7 days, then the payment window could be extended until the minimum 30 case batch quantity is reached or a total of 30 days. If the minimum batch is not reached, your payment will be refunded.

Production will last an estimated 8 weeks.

SHIPPING: Shipping will occur at a rate of approximately 10 cases per day. I will notify you when you case has shipped and supply the tracking number. Shipping will include basic insurance, but not signature verification or other services. You can contact me when we get close to shipping if you would like additional shipment services such as that.

Thanks,
Fire

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Case purchased! Can't wait to see it in person.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yep just ordered mine too, thanks for all the hard work Fire. If anyone wants me I will be waiting by my mailbox. :p

Actually this wait should work just about right for me. I have everything I need for the build except the heatsink and the GPU, heatsink I can pick up anytime but the GPU will have to wait for tax return. Hopefully they happen about the same time.