Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Here are some more ideas I have been chewing on. Let me know if you see anything beautiful, thx!

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Can we see front left-aligned I/O with a Hutzy XS-esque vent pattern, but with your current LARGE cutouts & honeycomb mesh backing…?

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
With swappable/customizable front panels, can't people just get a front panel without IO? I thought that was one of the major selling points of this case.

Good point, thx for that. Have to think about how to put that power button back on the back of the case, for those who wouldn't want anything on the front.

Reactions: 3lfk1ng and cmyk78

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Don't you already have a cut out for it on the back? If you don't, you could just have it standard on the back and optional on the front. If people are really worried about having an unfilled bulgin hole on the back of the case, I'm sure a simple black rubber plug could be sourced to ship with the case for next to nothing.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
No preference on the I/O side, So long as it's not in the middle! And those vents look a lot better :)

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
No preference on the I/O side, So long as it's not in the middle! And those vents look a lot better :)

Left-aligned (I am assuming) is because that is the side with the GPU; so, the clearance is there…

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Yes, putting it over on the gpu side means the cpu side is clear for easy cabling and psu connections.

exodus

Efficiency Noob
Nov 2, 2016
I still vote for no front plugs. But this new design look good as well. But i think if the USB port could be placed for i e. on the left side of the case, it would look a a lot better with just power and audio plugs in the front.If those have to be in the front. Those would also match nicely with the front screws. it's the USB ports that looks ugly as hell. USB ports could be put on the top front also.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
I am receiving a sheet of the hex perf within the next few days. I'll check it out and post updates.

Reactions: cmyk78