Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

LeMoNH3aD

Average Stuffer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone happen to know the PCIe riser length used in the MI-6 off hand?

Still rocking my first batch SN #002 to this date, and have no plans on replacing it…but need to order a PCIe 4.0 riser.

Reactions: ignsvn and rfarmer

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Anyone happen to know the PCIe riser length used in the MI-6 off hand?

Still rocking my first batch SN #002 to this date, and have no plans on replacing it…but need to order a PCIe 4.0 riser.
I used the Ghost S1's PCIE 4.0 cable and it fit perfectly.

Reactions: ignsvn and rfarmer

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
@firewolfy

I swapped my 5950X / 3060ti build into the white case, and put a 120x25mm fan in the loft. Huge improvement to GPU cooling.

Case looks amazing, though I might swap to white screws. What size are they?

When you designed the MI-6, did you ever think people would be stuffing 16 core CPUs in it ?! LOL

Thanks for getting the painting done so well.

View attachment 1524

View attachment 1525

View attachment 1526
The cover screws are all 6-32. I've never seen white, so you might have to paint some...

--16 cores were crazy back then!
--Good to see the top fan pulling that hot GPU exhaust outa there.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

leifeinar

Trash Compacter
Sep 18, 2019
I fit an Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2 which is 196mm, that is the longest one I ever saw.
Thats a thight fit 😊the asus 3060 ti dual mini popped up here at sub 500 usd, but is 200mm, but seems like a deecent card with fanstop and more silent than MSI aero.

whatanoob

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2018
Thats a thight fit 😊the asus 3060 ti dual mini popped up here at sub 500 usd, but is 200mm, but seems like a deecent card with fanstop and more silent than MSI aero.
I was looking into that as well. Is it perhaps possible to fit it by removing the shroud? Would be nice to know if someone here has tried that.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

In its natural habitat 🙂

(Not mine. Pic was originally posted in our Discord server.)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hey all - so I am currently in the middle of building a new PC in my 2nd MI-6 case (I know I know, finally, right?)

So I am using Gigabyte Aorus B550i - this mobo has a backplate. Unfortunately the backplate interferes with the case's rubber bumpons. There's now like 3mm gap between the mobo's PCB & the case's mounting holes. Of course, the provided screws can no longer reach the mounting holes.

I believe I'm not the only one using this mobo. For those using the same mobo, what did you do to solve this issue? Remove the mobo's backplate? Use longer screws? Or.. ?

Last edited:

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Hey all - so I am currently in the middle of building a new PC in my 2nd MI-6 case (I know I know, finally, right?)

So I am using Gigabyte Aorus B550i - this mobo has a backplate. Unfortunately the backplate interferes with the case's rubber bumpons. There's now like 3mm gap between the mobo's PCB & the case's mounting holes. Of course, the provided screws can no longer reach the mounting holes.

I believe I'm not the only one using this mobo. For those using the same mobo, what did you do to solve this issue? Remove the mobo's backplate? Use longer screws? Or.. ?
I removed the rubber bumpers

leifeinar

Trash Compacter
Sep 18, 2019
Any hopes for year 2023? The 4nm process in the nvidia cards seems to be very powerefficient, having an undervolted 4080 pull 230w while gaming. so hoping for a propper 180w itx card in the 4060ti/4070 class, just needs a propper bios.
then we have the upcoming 65w zan4 cpu's.
is there a itx psu with an nvidia powercable?

and finaly, is there a recomended pcie4 riser?

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Any hopes for year 2023? The 4nm process in the nvidia cards seems to be very powerefficient, having an undervolted 4080 pull 230w while gaming. so hoping for a propper 180w itx card in the 4060ti/4070 class, just needs a propper bios.
then we have the upcoming 65w zan4 cpu's.
is there a itx psu with an nvidia powercable?

and finaly, is there a recomended pcie4 riser?

Well, the 3000 series had a large amount of SFF ITX GPUs capping with the 3060ti which was roughly as powerful as a RTX 2080. There is a good chance we will see something in the RTX 3070 to RTX 3080 speed. I haven't heard anything from company reps yet.

There aren't any SFX PSUs with native 16pin but there will be soon.

I have used the Louqe Cobalt cable in my MI-6.