Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Hi all,
I wanted to let my friends in the forum know first that I have decided to end the MI-6 production batches. It has been a difficult decision, but one that I have been thinking through over the last couple of months. I have to say I am sorry to let anyone down who might have been thinking about getting in on a next batch.

The batches take a lot of time, and I've got some other things going on. I'm not saying forever, because who knows, but for now. It's still a hobby that I enjoy, and it's great to help to get capable computers into small volumes.

Hey, thanks for the support and let me know if you have any issues or questions. I'll still be around here. -Fire

I've purchased 4 of these cases (2 minimal & 2 regular), and have 0 regrets. This is hands down my favorite PC case I've owned so far. You've made a fantastic product, and best of luck with what you have going on!

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
That's very impressive mate. I thought only me & @Revenant have more than one MI-6 ?

Well glad to join in on the multi-case crew ?

It's such a great balance between minimal and functional while maintaining a beautiful aesthetics. To me it's a work of art, and I absolutely love it.

Reactions: ignsvn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Well glad to join in on the multi-case crew ?

It's such a great balance between minimal and functional while maintaining a beautiful aesthetics. To me it's a work of art, and I absolutely love it.

In every forum there's always that one quiet member who then suddenly say "Oh that thing? Yea I bought 4 of that" ?

Anw it's probably a bit late, but I would love to see some build logs since there are not many MI-6 build logs on the internet.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
In every forum there's always that one quiet member who then suddenly say "Oh that thing? Yea I bought 4 of that" ?

Anw it's probably a bit late, but I would love to see some build logs since there are not many MI-6 build logs on the internet.

I can make something on my older build. Post it on YouTube if you like.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Yes please.

I updated my GPU to 1660 Super & did a quick review https://smallformfactor.net/reviews/guest-review-zotac-gtx-1660-super-twin-fan/

At the moment I am also preparing my 2nd build (provided the prices are not ridiculous) for my other MI-6. Covid 19 pandemic hits really hard on distribution lines everywhere.

At the same time pinging @vvv to post his builds :)

I'm actually going to be taking it apart, so maybe a reverse build? Putting together a S4M with my existing components. The MI-6 will house my next build with a x570 motherboard. Also contacted Pslate to see if I can get custom cables, and he said if I can measure the lengths, he would be willing to work on them...so if anyone has measurements, they would be much appreciated ?

NOTE: I have 4 cases, 2 with front ports & 2 minimal, but I've only done 1 build. I also have 2 Ghost S1s, 2 S4Ms, and considering buying 2 Velka 7s when they become available...so I may have a slight problem lol

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'm actually going to be taking it apart, so maybe a reverse build? Putting together a S4M with my existing components. The MI-6 will house my next build with a x570 motherboard. Also contacted Pslate to see if I can get custom cables, and he said if I can measure the lengths, he would be willing to work on them...so if anyone has measurements, they would be much appreciated ?

IIRC either @rfarmer or @Revenant use custom cables before.

NOTE: I have 4 cases, 2 with front ports & 2 minimal, but I've only done 1 build. I also have 2 Ghost S1s, 2 S4Ms, and considering buying 2 Velka 7s when they become available...so I may have a slight problem lol

Errr please let me know where you work & whether they have opening in IT dept ?

Edit: the amount of case doesn't seem like a problem to me LOL

• Haha
Reactions: firewolfy and vvv

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
IIRC either @rfarmer or @Revenant use custom cables before.

Errr please let me know where you work & whether they have opening in IT dept ?

Edit: the amount of case doesn't seem like a problem to me LOL

As requested, MI-6 unbuild:

Please excuse the poor quality photos & cable management (or lack thereof) ?

Specs:
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC (MB)
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16 GB DDR4 2133 x 2 (RAM)
AMD Ryzen 2600 (CPU)
Noctua NH-L9x65 (CPU Cooler)
EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming ACX 2.0 (Single Fan) 6gb (GPU)
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GM (PSU Modular)
Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB (SSD)
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB (SSD)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
As requested, MI-6 unbuild:

Please excuse the poor quality photos & cable management (or lack thereof) ?

Specs:
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC (MB)
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16 GB DDR4 2133 x 2 (RAM)
AMD Ryzen 2600 (CPU)
Noctua NH-L9x65 (CPU Cooler)
EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming ACX 2.0 (Single Fan) 6gb (GPU)
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GM (PSU Modular)
Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB (SSD)
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB (SSD)

Interesting.. I've never seen people use 2133 Mhz RAM for their Ryzen 5 before. Your build is probably the first I know. I mean, nothing wrong with that, it's just that usually people will try to squeeze performance more by using 2666 Mhz RAM or faster.

EVGA 1060 was good.. Too bad the EVGA 2060 is like 3 slot.

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Interesting.. I've never seen people use 2133 Mhz RAM for their Ryzen 5 before. Your build is probably the first I know. I mean, nothing wrong with that, it's just that usually people will try to squeeze performance more by using 2666 Mhz RAM or faster.

EVGA 1060 was good.. Too bad the EVGA 2060 is like 3 slot.

Truthfully, the only reason why I’m using that RAM is because I had an Intel 6600K build prior to this that had that RAM so decided to just keep it ?

I will be getting a pair of 32gb 3600 RAM with the x570 for my Zen3 build. Also hoping to purchase the RTX 3060 when it comes out, hopefully they have some 2 slots but I have my doubts. Was also disappointed that EVGA went 3 slot for their RTX 2060 ITX ☹

Might look for faster RAM for the x570 if I can find any for a reasonable cost

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I'm hoping it gets sold in SFF Lab eventually. Hint hint...nudge nudge.

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
FYI, I have a used MI-6 in good condition i've been meaning to sell. Finally getting around to it. I was thinking about posting in the marketplace board, but it seemed a bit dead in there. I can include a riser if requested. USA shipping only.

Last edited:

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
Does anybody think there is any hope for a new graphics cards to fit in this case?” I absolutely love my Mi-6, so I’m really sad to see the huge power consumption of the new RTX 3000 cards. I’m starting to wonder how long it will be until I can find an upgrade for my GTX1080.