Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

nicb6

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2018
Question, is there room for a normal intake 92mm fan if I go for the No Front I/O option? not a fan of slim fans :) or do i really need one? planing to undervollt, both cpu/gpu

pre orders are at 47 by 12 of sept. not icluding mine.

See post #1,095
A 92x92x25mm fan fits in the minimalist version and with a Corsair SF600/SF450 PSU.

Reactions: firewolfy

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Hey Fire,

I decided to get the complete set and need to amend my order. I sent you an e-mail. Can't wait to build this awesome machine.

Right now, I'm planning on to build a new rig when both Nvidia and Intel offer desktop class components on the 10nm node. I'm hoping by then I can pack a 10 -12 core CPU and 2080TI class performance into this mini-monster.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
You have earned my curiousity, good sir. Please explain.

Nothing so interesting LOL. I just figured since it’s a long time between production runs, I would get the case with both top hats, and both drive cages. A complete set of accessories.

Reactions: ignsvn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
408$ for the case+top hat shipped to Québec :( soooooooooo expensive... it really is perfect but i can't afford this. :(

Do you really need the top hat? If you aren't going to watercool, MI-6 support 65mm CPU cooler & a 92mm slim fan at the bottom. That provides pretty good air cooling capability.

Edit: well in reality my 66mm Noctua NH-L12 fits with only a bottom fan. Also, some people fits NH-L12s, which is 70mm, albeit touching the side cover.

Also, perhaps use forwarder service?

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
Do you really need the top hat? If you aren't going to watercool, MI-6 support 65mm CPU cooler & a 92mm slim fan at the bottom. That provides pretty good air cooling capability.

Edit: well in reality my 66mm Noctua NH-L12 fits with only a bottom fan. Also, some people fits NH-L12s, which is 70mm, albeit touching the side cover.

Also, perhaps use forwarder service?

well, i really like the tophat and the two fans there would be perfect to keep temps down without much noise, i have an air cooled build. i checked and without the tophat, it is indeed a tiny bit better, 300$ instead. there's always the possibility it gets held and marked by customs i would have to pay fees and import taxes.

in comparison, my current "mainstream" case, the metallic gear neo g mini, cost me 120$ shipped with taxes. but it's really a problem with almost all of the great cases i find in here. they're already expensive in the US, but once converted in Canadian banana dollars, it becomes even worse.

what is a forwarder service?

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
The temps without the top hot aren't bad. They feel bad because the top plate gets warm, but that's normal in SFF cases. The case gets the vast majority of its cold air from the sides.

Also I'm one of those people who have the L12S. It does touch the side panel, but it works perfectly well, and didn't bow the case in anyway. I have it with an Intel 8700 (non-k), set to run at 115 watts not 65.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
well, i really like the tophat and the two fans there would be perfect to keep temps down without much noise, i have an air cooled build. i checked and without the tophat, it is indeed a tiny bit better, 300$ instead. there's always the possibility it gets held and marked by customs i would have to pay fees and import taxes.

in comparison, my current "mainstream" case, the metallic gear neo g mini, cost me 120$ shipped with taxes. but it's really a problem with almost all of the great cases i find in here. they're already expensive in the US, but once converted in Canadian banana dollars, it becomes even worse.

what is a forwarder service?

I can say that for day-to-day usage (office, programming, photoshop), this thing is nearly silent. Mine is like 60cm away from my face. Only when you start to game, or do 3D rendering then yes the GPU gets noisy. But that's normal with any case using single fan GPU.

Forwarding service is basically people who provide shipping service in bulk, may involve different delivery networks to get the most efficient price possible.. More info here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package_forwarding. Example is ShipItTo or MyUS.

I totally understand your concern about pricing + shipment, as I reside in SEA.

Reactions: princess_daphie

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Got word from my fabricator that they are out this coming week, so next week before they could start a production batch. So I extended the case ordering window to Oct 13.

And, yesterday when I was doing inventory check of components for the next batch, came across 3 extra 2.5" and 4 extra 3.5" HDD brackets from the last batch. Had them as spares.

Thought a little promo might be fun for this coming week, -giving away a bracket with a case purchase starting today. Not worth a whole lot, but I figure every little bit helps....

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Got word from my fabricator that they are out this coming week, so next week before they could start a production batch. So I extended the case ordering window to Oct 13.

And, yesterday when I was doing inventory check of components for the next batch, came across 3 extra 2.5" and 4 extra 3.5" HDD brackets from the last batch. Had them as spares.

Thought a little promo might be fun for this coming week, -giving away a bracket with a case purchase starting today. Not worth a whole lot, but I figure every little bit helps....

You sure you didn't see any spare case or panels when you did your inventory check? :D