Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Any one ever notice their top plate getting very warm to the touch? Not using my PC much as the weather is great outside,but I'm debating reapplying thermal paste to the GPU and CPU,and changing my fan curves.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Any one ever notice their top plate getting very warm to the touch? Not using my PC much as the weather is great outside,but I'm debating reapplying thermal paste to the GPU and CPU,and changing my fan curves.

That’s normal, a bit disconcerting, but fine. It’s like the hood of a car. The top plate absorbs a lot of heat. It won’t burn you, and it won’t hurt the system as long as your other temps are good.

This happens with all cases around the GPU, CPU, and VRMs to some extent. The only way to cool it down would be airflow, but you’ll need a Loft for that.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
The top plate gets warm as the only air it sees is hot exhaust. I'm running gaming, and the CPU and GPU temps look fine.

It would work well to keep a danish warm, -except for all the crumbs falling into the case. Guess I better not use that as a glamour shot of the case after all, lol.

Reactions: ignsvn and rfarmer

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
The top plate gets warm as the only air it sees is hot exhaust. I'm running gaming, and the CPU and GPU temps look fine.

It would work well to keep a danish warm, -except for all the crumbs falling into the case. Guess I better not use that as a glamour shot of the case after all, lol.

Dude....a Danish warmer loft...this must happen.

...but would it be compatible with pop tarts?

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
How long is the shop going to take pre-orders? I'm thinking of a loft and the SSD mount, but I'm not committed to it just yet.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
I know others have responded, so I thought I'd chime in as well. It is a real challenge to fit a full 25mm tall fan in the bottom. Here is some info that I put up on the webpage inthe ANSWERS section:

What 92mm case fan will fit?
Well, in order of ease of installation:
  • A 13-16mm thick fan is easy. Plenty of room if you wish to raise the fan up from the case to reduce wind noise.
  • A 17-20mm thick fan is possible, you just might have to loosen the front I/O board (if you have one) to install it.
  • A 25mm fan is mostly impossible. You would need to check the PSU you plan to use for clearance. Also, a 25mm fan interferes with the front I/O board, and prevents mounting a HDD in the lower front location. So there is a way to get it in there, kind of.
Hope that helps.
Here is a figure that shows the distances at least for the corsair sfx psu's:

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Yes I'm aware that the heat rises lol, I was just curious what others experience. It's never hot enough to cause alarm, I just figured with an intake fan on the bottom I would be able to get rid of a bit more heat, especially since I'm not taxing my system with gaming recently. I do have my fans set to be pretty much silent anyways.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
How do I pay when I have pre ordered?

You have to go to the SHOP tab and select again what you want for the formal ordering and payment.
There are a few reasons for this:
--The web site (web hosting software really) won't convert pre-orders over to formal orders and send out bills.
--I set up pre-ordering to gauge interest, informally, and not as a binding purchase agreement.
--Since the pre-orders are non-binding, you have the freedom to change what you want to order.

Hope that helps. I'll clarify that on the webpage as well.