Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
LOL leave it there, it'll help to reach 50 sooner.

Also, there's nothing wrong to own more than 1 MI-6

When it gets to 49 I might end up buying a third.

Fire...Can you send one to Optimum Tech? He seems to specialize in SFF and it might drum up some interest.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
So I just wanted to take a minute and thank Fire again for making an awesome case. A friend was over and we were gaming. When he realized I was playing BFV on my MI6 and not the Sliger Cerberus X next to it his jaw dropped. He said he thought the MI6 was an external hard drive cage because it was so small. He's thinking of preordering one now. ^_^

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
So I just wanted to take a minute and thank Fire again for making an awesome case. A friend was over and we were gaming. When he realized I was playing BFV on my MI6 and not the Sliger Cerberus X next to it his jaw dropped. He said he thought the MI6 was an external hard drive cage because it was so small. He's thinking of preordering one now. ^_^

Awesome

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
When it gets to 49 I might end up buying a third.

Fire...Can you send one to Optimum Tech? He seems to specialize in SFF and it might drum up some interest.

Unfortunately, I don't have a case to send him.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
LOL. That is fun to hear, man.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
hello, i really like this case, would you be able to ship one to egypt if i pre-order one on the next patch ?

Thanks.
I don't think shipping a case to Egypt is an issue at all.
If you'd like to pre-order that would be great. Just so you know, since the pre-orders haven't reached enough to kick off a new batch run, I'm taking a wake and see approach on when or if a new batch can be made. Thanks, -F

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
hello, i really like this case, would you be able to ship one to egypt if i pre-order one on the next patch ?

Thanks.

You may want to fill in the pre-order list just like many of us here, so it'll reach certain minimum number to start production.

leifeinar

Trash Compacter
Sep 18, 2019
Question, is there room for a normal intake 92mm fan if I go for the No Front I/O option? not a fan of slim fans :) or do i really need one? planing to undervollt, both cpu/gpu

pre orders are at 47 by 12 of sept. not icluding mine.

Reactions: ignsvn

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Question, is there room for a normal intake 92mm fan if I go for the No Front I/O option? not a fan of slim fans or do i really need one? planing to undervollt, both cpu/gpu

The fan has been shown to improve temps on hard drives pretty substantially. If you're not running a 2.5 inch drive, you'll probably be ok.

I tried a 92x25mm fan but ran into problems with the power supply cables. I don't have front IO.

On a different note: My editing rig (MI-6) has become redundant since I have a the Cerberus with RTX card on the same desk attached to the same monitor. It was good fun to have both systems, but it's time for the MI-6 to move on.....TO BECOME AN AWESOME VR GAMING PC! I'll be moving it out to be front and center in the living room and making it into a VR and Gaming rig. It has a 1070 in it, but I think I'm going to upgrade it to a RTX 2070 Super whenever the ITX version comes out.

I have to admit though, the MI-6 is my favorite build. It's hard to part ways with it from my desk!

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Question, is there room for a normal intake 92mm fan if I go for the No Front I/O option? not a fan of slim fans or do i really need one? planing to undervollt, both cpu/gpu

Don't forget that the fan thickness is also limited by the PSU connectors & cables.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015

I know others have responded, so I thought I'd chime in as well. It is a real challenge to fit a full 25mm tall fan in the bottom. Here is some info that I put up on the webpage inthe ANSWERS section:

What 92mm case fan will fit?
Well, in order of ease of installation:
  • A 13-16mm thick fan is easy. Plenty of room if you wish to raise the fan up from the case to reduce wind noise.
  • A 17-20mm thick fan is possible, you just might have to loosen the front I/O board (if you have one) to install it.
  • A 25mm fan is mostly impossible. You would need to check the PSU you plan to use for clearance. Also, a 25mm fan interferes with the front I/O board, and prevents mounting a HDD in the lower front location. So there is a way to get it in there, kind of.
Hope that helps.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Ok, a bit of good news.......

it looks like we might have enough pre-orders do another production batch. By my count we are at 54 cases or so.
A couple of things to figure out but looking promising:
  1. I would really want to get production done and shipped by the end of the year. It makes bookkeeping and taxes SO much easier. I have reached out to my sheet metal shop to verify they would be good to start in October. I should hear tomorrow.
  2. If it is feasible to start production in October, then I'd probably start taking payments now and run through the end of September to get to minimum 50 payments.
Anyway, thanks guys!

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Ok, a bit of good news.......

it looks like we might have enough pre-orders do another production batch. By my count we are at 54 cases or so.
A couple of things to figure out but looking promising:
  1. I would really want to get production done and shipped by the end of the year. It makes bookkeeping and taxes SO much easier. I have reached out to my sheet metal shop to verify they would be good to start in October. I should hear tomorrow.
  2. If it is feasible to start production in October, then I'd probably start taking payments now and run through the end of September to get to minimum 50 payments.
Anyway, thanks guys!

I believe that this post deserves something special....

Reactions: rfarmer and ignsvn