Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'm a litle blown away by the 6600xt's power efficiency. tech yes city (8min) undervoldt from 140w during gaming to 80w. so that's almost rtx 2080 preformance under 100w.

I'd wait for further reviews from other parties to cross-clarify, but if that's really true, then that's one hell of an achievement, be it in SFF context or not.

Edit: pardon me, drowned in work, didn't manage to watch the video yet

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I'd wait for further reviews from other parties to cross-clarify, but if that's really true, then that's one hell of an achievement, be it in SFF context or not.

Edit: pardon me, drowned in work, didn't manage to watch the video yet

I had some success undervolting with my RDNA 1.0 5700XT. However, I found that it just wasn't stable for long term gaming at anything but stock voltage. Considering I do some 2 or 3 hour Deep Rock Galactic and BF1 sessions, the crashing wasn't worth the performance boost. This was in a very high airflow ATX case as well, so I know it was airflow related. I’ve found that a lot of undervolt tests don’t do a long gaming session for

edit: case pic for reference.

F7D2A1B8-83F1-4F3D-B38A-2214ED29F3AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I can't believe I missed the 3060 Aero. I've been waiting on that. I am sad.

You didn't miss it. It was never here except in a few MSI prebuilts, and many of those were no shows. The cards that were pointed out are sold by Chinese shippers. I'm on the verge of ordering a pre-built to strip the card out, but I have no use for the machine after that so it's wasteful.

Nvidia isn't saying anything good about 2022 either.

The good news is that the 1060 through 1080s that many of us bought can still provide a good experience at 1080P with mostly high settings as far as games are concerned. FSR will help with some upscaling.

Reactions: rfarmer and Jello

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Reactions: rfarmer

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well, the card is in transit. However, my "US Seller" appears to have traveled all the way to Xiamen China to ship it. Good job New Egg....

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Let's hope this works out and you get a card. Seller has one review that's about sending the wrong item :) when is it supposed to arrive?

Let's hope this works out and you get a card. Seller has one review that's about sending the wrong item :) when is it supposed to arrive?

If he tries to scam me I have 3 layers of protection in place. Shipping was supposed to take a week. So far, it’s living up to it according to the tracking.

Obviously I will have to test this extensively, but it’s an odd card to fake.

What really ticks me off about this is I’m seeing 3060ti cars going for $650 from the manufacture before tax, tarif, and shipping. By the time your done, you have a $750 3060ti…and this is normal and only getting worse.

KingJ

Cable Smoosher
Sep 29, 2019