Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Quietly enjoying their blissful case! Mine is working hard as a Premier and Photoshop workstation.

Yeah perhaps that's the characteristic of the majority owners of MI-6 owners haha.

Mine is working hard as a software engineering workstation and casual gaming machine, while the NH-L12 cooler is constantly in battle against the tropical weather.

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Btw I know the case is about 2kg, but have you guys ever try to weigh your build overall? How heavy is it?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

I was really worried we might not get an itx RTX card, but it looks like MSI is coming through. Videocardz article.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
One of the reasons I went with the Aero itx was I just like how it looks compared to the Gigabyte and this one looks just like my 1070.

Reactions: ignsvn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Sometimes I need to bring them to the office.

Bag outer dimension is 43 x 27 x 18 cm (H x W x D) . Inner dimension should be around 41 x 25 x 15 cm (H x W x D)

Yup can still put up to 15.6 inch portable monitor in there. Perhaps later in 2019. Edit: or after finance minister give her permission.

Last edited:

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Sometimes I need to bring them to the office.

Bag outer dimension is 43 x 27 x 18 cm (H x W x D) . Inner dimension should be around 41 x 25 x 15 cm (H x W x D)

Yup can still put up to 15.6 inch portable monitor in there. Perhaps later in 2019. Edit: or after finance minister give her permission.
lol

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hopefully @firewolfy can comment when he gets his cables, I never used the stock cables in my build. Probably be a minor improvement due to improved airflow.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The day has finally come. I found a small scratch mark on my MI-6's top plate.

Funny tho.. not sure where it came from. Definitely not me.

Oh well, still love the case :)

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
Still deliberating on a CPU cooler along with new ram. Was set on the L12S but I don't think they'd fit with G.Skill TridentZ ram for that sweet B Die.

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
That is probably the best cooler you can get that would allow the taller ram.
Looks like it, unfortunately. I only remember seeing some of the data Firewolfy posted earlier in this thread regarding the performace of the L9x65 being substandards compared to many of the other coolers, and was a little put off by the results.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looks like it, unfortunately. I only remember seeing some of the data Firewolfy posted earlier in this thread regarding the performace of the L9x65 being substandards compared to many of the other coolers, and was a little put off by the results.

Oh I agree, either the Big Shuriken 2 or the Noctua NH-L12 will have better cooling but you won't be able to use the G Skill TridentZ ram. Personally I go for shorter ram and better cooling.

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
Still deliberating on a CPU cooler along with new ram. Was set on the L12S but I don't think they'd fit with G.Skill TridentZ ram for that sweet B Die.
It won't work unless you remove the heat spreader of the RAM.

Doesn't Corsair use guaranteed B-Die in some LPX models?

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018

The NH-L12S won't work in the MI-6 anyway. It's 70mm tall. You can run the NH-L12 (non-S) without the top fan (only the bottom 92mm fan) in the MI-6.