Stalled The ]M[ - Versatile: modular SFF casing from console size to much more

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
The 6L specs are ready:

Flex-ATX psu (not my favorite psu but the option is there),

gpu up-to 270 mm length and reference hight, or 170mm with 128mm height (measured for the tip of pcie connectors)

3x2.5 hdds

gpu and cpus fans in same direction.

renders on the way.

With finishing this I can now complete the specs of the other sizes. some final touches lefts. will complete it by today.

You thoughts and Ideas are welcomed.

Reactions: xcrco

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
Nice, want this kind of orientation on itx since it will fit a backpack. hopefully thermals could be tested. but yeah for people who haven't used a flex atx, it is loud. 230w is somewhat tolerable though having a higher wattage 300w and up it will sound like a jet engine,
you can also opt out to chage the 40mm fan of the flex.

the case is amazing. hopefully material is on point, are you really located in Iraq? based on your profile, just wondering how shipping will play out. for north america or overseas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marwan

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
How very interesting. I love the design. I'm surprised you managed to keep it so compact while still allowing a roughly 50mm thick GPU. Out of curiosity, is there any chance a "2.75" slot card would be compatible? I'm currently running an EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra, and by my math 2.75 slot would make it about 54mm thick.

Regardless, it seems like a great design. Good luck with your endeavor.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Nice, want this kind of orientation on itx since it will fit a backpack. hopefully thermals could be tested. but yeah for people who haven't used a flex atx, it is loud. 230w is somewhat tolerable though having a higher wattage 300w and up it will sound like a jet engine,
you can also opt out to chage the 40mm fan of the flex.

the case is amazing. hopefully material is on point, are you really located in Iraq? based on your profile, just wondering how shipping will play out. for north america or overseas.

Thanks for the comments. Yes I am located in Iraq but I have collaboration with machining service in China which where things will be shipped from. The material is still a mix of aluminum and steel. I might opt for all aluminum material. It might effect the size by 0.1 of a liter extra.

Reactions: xcrco

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
How very interesting. I love the design. I'm surprised you managed to keep it so compact while still allowing a roughly 50mm thick GPU. Out of curiosity, is there any chance a "2.75" slot card would be compatible? I'm currently running an EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra, and by my math 2.75 slot would make it about 54mm thick.

Thank you, for a 2.75 if I am not mistaken the thick would go up to 60mm which means that the power outlet for the connector between the psu and the back of the case is placed right behind the GPU .need to add more shots to explain what I am on about. In the case "pun intended" of 6.7 it is possible to for up to 53 mm thick gpu.

Reactions: Bioforce

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018

Btw can you if you don't mind measure the actual thickness of your card? I might be able to have something for it.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Btw can you if you don't mind measure the actual thickness of your card? I might be able to have something for it.

Absolutely, though I'll have to wait until later in the day when I'm home from work. I did manage to find a Reddit post where an EVGA representative stated that the 2080 Ti XC Ultra was 2 1/8 inches thick, which translates roughly to 54mm. I'll get an actual measurement in MM when I get home.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Absolutely, though I'll have to wait until later in the day when I'm home from work. I did manage to find a Reddit post where an EVGA representative stated that the 2080 Ti XC Ultra was 2 1/8 inches thick, which translates roughly to 54mm. I'll get an actual measurement in MM when I get home.
Thanks a lot

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Hi all,

The first post has been updated with all the possible configurations of the casing and for all the sizes.

whats left is pricing. currently preparing the final design elements to the machining service.

Your feedback, questions, criticism are all welcomed.

Reactions: Supercluster

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
my concern is on the 6L vs the 6.7L, so the 6L can fit a flex while the 6.7L does an sfx, why do you have to change the mobo orientation, I know were talking about a niche market here but looking for a bendable pci-e riser for 6.7L is another waiting time and expense for would be buyers.

since what most of us here are using the lian li, or is that workable for a bend like that?

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
It looks awesome! It's almost done! I dont have anything to add besides that it looks great. Do you know about when you'll know the pricing/when we can order. Because I'll be the first!

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
It looks awesome! It's almost done! I dont have anything to add besides that it looks great. Do you know about when you'll know the pricing/when we can order. Because I'll be the first!
Thanks a lot for your support. I am very sorry for the delay in this matter it was mostly finalizing the design. I am working on providing a pricing set by next week. Thanks a lot.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
my concern is on the 6L vs the 6.7L, so the 6L can fit a flex while the 6.7L does an sfx, why do you have to change the mobo orientation, I know were talking about a niche market here but looking for a bendable pci-e riser for 6.7L is another waiting time and expense for would be buyers.

since what most of us here are using the lian li, or is that workable for a bend like that?

Good question. The orientation issue is needed because with the 6.7 the design was aimed at putting the psu to back of the casing rather than the front. In my system I am using a regular riser that I have bended myself to fit in the casing. The system has been working for more than 5 months very fine. Mobo orientation is because of the possibility of going between 6 & 6.7 sizes. The c14 outlet takes space that is rather effective.

Finally and this is the most important point of the design, the cleanliness of the design especially in the 6.7 I wanted to have no protruding elements in the casing from almost all sides. Please rise any concerns you have on your mind. They are all welcomed. Thank you

Last edited:

jxfong2

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
I really love the 2 gpu matx setup which is really rare in sff world. Hopefully this product will come out soon. If I am not mistaken, does the matx dual gpu setup allow one 120x15 fan at the bottom beside psu and perhaps another two on top of the case?

Last edited: