GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
Original poster
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Hello,

a friend of mine bought a Synology DS1515+ 6 months ago and it had flawlessly been running 24/7 since then. He recently turned it OFF to redo the network cabling at his home, but the Synology does not turn ON anymore, no LED, no fan, no *beep*, no sign of life.

Any suggestion ? Did some of you encounter a similar issue ?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Well done on the self analysis and I look forward to your repair being successful :)

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
Yep, known bug in the ATOM C-CPUs for years - fix should work well!
I am puzzled how people still buy these - one single google search would have shown the problems before buying.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
Original poster
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Well ... components changed, but still won't turn ON. Guess this NAS is cooked for good.

The board already had a resistor and it looks like the transistor had been changed .... swapping them for new one didn't fix the issue, neither did a new coin battery.

• Sad
Reactions: Phuncz

turtlesdedge

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 12, 2023
Had the same issue as you. I swapped all the components as you did and had the same result, just wouldn't power when pressing the power button.

Although, shorting the circuit where the transistor is would cause it to power on.

And surprisingly, using a full size computer ATX would cause it to power one when pressing the power button. So I ordered a new power supply thinking that was the issue. But no, the new DPS-250AB-44B 240W didn't help at all. 🙁