Discussion New build not posting / advice needed

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
- Coolermaster PSU arrived, all is working fine now, thanks for all Your inputs guys !!!! :)
Cool, good to know your issue has been fixed! :thumb:

1. For the price, I would order both the A3 and the B3 to check them out. Plan B with the zip ties if needed.
2. I would keep the reset switch as a reset switch, find it useful sometimes when the computer freezes up or when it does not boot properly for some reason.
A dangling cable outside the case is a little meh, could be ok if not too long and hidden at the back maybe...
Depending on the cable provided by CougarGaming, I would cut their button and replace it with a button made for being attached to a hole in the back panel. Momentary or alternate button, depending on the one used on the CG box.
@BaK : I followed your suggestion and got myself the buzzer you mentioned, but since all works, I won't use it now.
:thumb:
Since you have it I would install it. Hearing the single beep at boot is always reassuring about the health of your hardware.
I can only hear sound if I connect headphones at the moment. How do you guys do it for these tiny builds ? Do you connect something more sophisticated to those speaker pins or do you simply only connect your headphones or external amplifiers ?
External USB DAC is the way to go, you'll get much better sound than what your mobo can propose.
An amplifier could be needed depending on your headphones or external speakers.
There are cheap to not so expensive USB DACs that work well if you are not too much of an audiophile, you will find plenty on ali. I'm very happy with the one I got for less than $100 and then attached to my active speakers.

For the headphones, you can have a look at www.head-fi.org or ask in their forum for best answers.

Reactions: K3nshiro

K3nshiro

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023
GOT AN ISSUE....

I don't know what's happening, but after having left the PC off for 2 days, today, I wanted to switch it on and it doesn't boot.
ARGB RAM is not lighting up, all the rest is.

I did install Windows 10 with only 1 Ram stick and all worked flawlessly, installed drivers and re-booted several times.

The only change I did was to take the reset switch and moved it to the Hub, my son wanted it this way.
As far as I know, the reset switch does not interfere with the RAM.
I even plugged in a different RAM, which IS under Asrock's QVL, still nothing.

I left the PC open and unplugged on a safe place, it doesn't get heat or anything, just some night breeze. Could this have caused an issue ?

I do not comprehend what is going on honestly. Is the motherboard now faulty ? I'm starting to get really desperate now.

Cheers,
Ken

K3nshiro

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023
OK - I just realized that I am a complete idiot...

I simply hadn't pushed in properly the RAM Dimms. However, the first PSU was indeed faulty, vendor confirmed it.
I'm hiding in the corner now for beeing so noobish...omfg.

All the best!
Ken

Reactions: BaK and rfarmer

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I simply hadn't pushed in properly the RAM Dimms. However, the first PSU was indeed faulty, vendor confirmed it.
I'm hiding in the corner now for beeing so noobish...omfg.
Lol, good thing you've found it!
Hopefully you did not fried anything with the RAM stick half inserted!

I killed a motherboard once with that.
While struggling removing a big GPU, the PCIe little secure plastic lock being hard to reach, I probably pushed on the RAM latch and one stick partly came out of its socket. Mobo didn't like it...
But it was an ATX one, not ITX, so it doesn't count! XD

K3nshiro

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023
Lol, good thing you've found it!
Hopefully you did not fried anything with the RAM stick half inserted!

I killed a motherboard once with that.
While struggling removing a big GPU, the PCIe little secure plastic lock being hard to reach, I probably pushed on the RAM latch and one stick partly came out of its socket. Mobo didn't like it...
But it was an ATX one, not ITX, so it doesn't count! XD
Yeah, fortunately all is good, nothing fried :)
I admit that I was already making a film in my mind to RMA the ITX board. And I wasn't looking forward to that at all hihihi :)
ITX boards are very expensive indeed, I'm still shocked by the prices.