Hi, Daniel from Sweden

I'm Daniel, from Sweden, Gothenburg. Within some months I’ll turn 41. I do have a daughter who recently turned 5 years old.

Back in the days, well that would be around 24 years ago I was a hardcore game on the highest possible levels, CS for 3-4 years and WoW and that also went on for 4-5 years.

Then I got married and all went to hell!

No I’m joking..! 😉 or am I?..

Anyway, I’m here to talk about building a SFF PC and I think I'll spend a lot of money into this, and I have convinced myself I'll start gaming. Or maybe I won’t.. 😐
I guess I need a hobby since my daughter doesn’t need me 24/7 anymore so, that’s me in a nutshell.

😊

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! For a hobby that keeps you busy, SFF is a hobby on its own :)

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

Reactions: Arelius

Arelius

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 4, 2023
Welcome to the forum ! For a hobby that keeps you busy, SFF is a hobby on its own :)

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !
Thank you! ;)

Where do I go from here since I do need help!

I have posted over on Reddit regarding my thoughts for the build..

But now that I'm here, where do I post on the forum so I can tap into all the knowledge?(!) :D

It really seems there is both expertise and experience here!

Reactions: Phuncz

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Maybe you can start a new thread in 'Builds' section, collecting all the suggestions, advises...etc into one single place.

To get the ball rolling, suggest you write down some basic details of the build:-

-The usage. Gaming or not? If yes, what types of games? Obviously, Angry Birds for your daughter or yourself will be very different from some First Person Shooters as far as hardwares are concerned.

-Hardwares in mind. Some people start with the GPU...etc components and then find a case to fit them in. But, some others start first with a specific case as they have fallen in love with a 'must-have' chasis and then find components to fit. Both approaches are Ok.

-Budget

Reactions: Arelius and Phuncz

Arelius

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 4, 2023
Maybe you can start a new thread in 'Builds' section, collecting all the suggestions, advises...etc into one single place.

To get the ball rolling, suggest you write down some basic details of the build:-

-The usage. Gaming or not? If yes, what types of games? Obviously, Angry Birds for your daughter or yourself will be very different from some First Person Shooters as far as hardwares are concerned.

-Hardwares in mind. Some people start with the GPU...etc components and then find a case to fit them in. But, some others start first with a specific case as they have fallen in love with a 'must-have' chasis and then find components to fit. Both approaches are Ok.

-Budget
Thank you! I'll get on that ASAP :D