SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Just did a test with everything in AUTO, Sync All core at 5GHz, AVX offset of 3.
Prime95 after 20 minutes, the CPU stay around 79 degrees, VRM 87degrees
No power limit, no throttling, cpu power on HWinfo average 190W

@brt02 , how can I change the VCCSO int the Asus bios? What does it effect actually?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, I redid the test with everything in AUTO, MCE enabled, only VCCSA manual at 1.150V (@brt02 should be ok, isn't it?)

Only Prime95 sFFT, 30 minutes, I confirm the temp above: the CPU never goes above 80 degrees.

@Nanook , Prime95 and Heaven together, CPU spikes max 94 degrees at 5GHz Offset AVX-3 (4.7GHz stable during the test; maybe I should try some negative offset??)

Both RAD fans as Intake. This means, the case has both a not optimized vent holes pattern, and It miss a clear exhaust option.

I can try to add above the motherboard a 120mm fan to help the exhaust, or 2 92mm slim on top the MB and on the rear?

The temp BTW are more forced to get higher because of the heat and hot air from the GPU.

I guess, if I flip the layout, having the GPU on top, this could help...???? I will give a try after work, maybe!

Prime 95+Heaven Unigine

Reactions: Nanook

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
VCCSA interfaces the cores and cache with PCI express lanes and memory controller, display outputs etc...

I think intel default voltage is 1.05V, but with higher memory speeds, it needs to be higher. If 1.15V works for you, then go for it. If your system becomes unstable as a result of this change then increase it.

This voltage has an impact on package power consumption, so reducing it should help you with power and temperatures, for me going from 1.1V to 1.23V increased power draw by 5W or so.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I should try all core to 51, maybe... Here under Intel BurnTest!
Amazing temps! and the fans are very quiet.

Reactions: Nanook

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
So, I redid the test with everything in AUTO, MCE enabled, only VCCSA manual at 1.150V (@brt02 should be ok, isn't it?)

Only Prime95 sFFT, 30 minutes, I confirm the temp above: the CPU never goes above 80 degrees.

@Nanook , Prime95 and Heaven together, CPU spikes max 94 degrees at 5GHz Offset AVX-3 (4.7GHz stable during the test; maybe I should try some negative offset??)

Both RAD fans as Intake. This means, the case has both a not optimized vent holes pattern, and It miss a clear exhaust option.

I can try to add above the motherboard a 120mm fan to help the exhaust, or 2 92mm slim on top the MB and on the rear?

The temp BTW are more forced to get higher because of the heat and hot air from the GPU.

I guess, if I flip the layout, having the GPU on top, this could help...???? I will give a try after work, maybe!

Prime 95+Heaven Unigine
I’m trying to compare our setups: same CPU, you have a larger radiator, but you have a much more powerful GPU, much faster ram, and slightly more restrictive case. I think the temperatures for running both Prime and Heaven together sounds about right. Further lowering AVX will help with Prime95, but may not be necessary for other workloads.
Just curious: It looks like your GPU fans are also maxed out?

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
So, I went for take 4, this one is for the crazy :D

Step 1: installed Kraken G12 + Corsair H55 on my 2080 Ti

Step 2: took off the U9S and prepared brackets for D9L, moved the SATA SSDs to the bottom using the horizontal brackets, you can see the GPU with the Kraken barely fits, note the smart hub on the right on the side of the PSU, took that from an old H200i, this allows me to control pump, vrm fan and radiator fan based on GPU temps.

USB-C connector had to reversed to not interfere with sata power and data

Step 3: ready to do something crazy with the exhaust fans (fans on the cooler are both intake, the one near the back of the case had to be installed in a different position to give some clearance to the VRM heat sink.

Used the connector taken from a Gelid PCI fans bracket to connect the additional 120mm fan to the radiator:

Step 5: the final result

Now, how does this monstrosity do? quite well!! (all dust filters are on!!!)

In the 25 minutes stress test, I only lost 3/4 degrees on CPU, impressive considering how much smaller the D9L is:

The GPU steals the show here, low 70s under load with a very conservative fan curve for the radiator fan:

Fitting so much stuff in there was quite the job, I think take 4 will have to do for a long while, another rebuild and i'm gonna puke :D

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, I went for take 4, this one is for the crazy :D

Step 1: installed Kraken G12 + Corsair H55 on my 2080 Ti

Step 2: took off the U9S and prepared brackets for D9L, moved the SATA SSDs to the bottom using the horizontal brackets, you can see the GPU with the Kraken barely fits, note the smart hub on the right on the side of the PSU, took that from an old H200i, this allows me to control pump, vrm fan and radiator fan based on GPU temps.

USB-C connector had to reversed to not interfere with sata power and data

Step 3: ready to do something crazy with the exhaust fans (fans on the cooler are both intake, the one near the back of the case had to be installed in a different position to give some clearance to the VRM heat sink.

Used the connector taken from a Gelid PCI fans bracket to connect the additional 120mm fan to the radiator:

Step 5: the final result

Now, how does this monstrosity do? quite well!! (all dust filters are on!!!)

In the 25 minutes stress test, I only lost 3/4 degrees on CPU, impressive considering how much smaller the D9L is:

The GPU steals the show here, low 70s under load with a very conservative fan curve for the radiator fan:

Fitting so much stuff in there was quite the job, I think take 4 will have to do for a long while, another rebuild and i'm gonna puke :D
Great job!!

BTW, it will be great if you could a test using Prime95 the 29.5 with sFFT!
Ah, could you post the frequency as well of the CPU? Mine was super hot and dropping the speed quite easy when I was using an AMD in the Nouvolo Steck!

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Great job!!

BTW, it will be great if you could a test using Prime95 the 29.5 with sFFT!
Ah, could you post the frequency as well of the CPU? Mine was super hot and dropping the speed quite easy when I was using an AMD in the Nouvolo Steck!
Thanks, will definitely test more, I was dead last night when I finished lol

This also screams for a second AIO on the CPU, therefore just ordered a Corsair H60 :)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks, will definitely test more, I was dead last night when I finished lol

This also screams for a second AIO on the CPU, therefore just ordered a Corsair H60 :)
I suppose, when you install the Corsair H60, it will be ''Take 5''?

I have already thought of ''Take 6'' for you :):- As the H55 and the H60 are independent, unless both CPU and GPU are loaded at the same time, then either one of the radiators is not contributing. I mean, if the GPU is stressed while the CPU is not, then the H60 would just sit there idling and missing the action. Same thing if the CPU is stressed while the GPU is not.

So, it might be a good idea if the 2 radiators are replaced by a single 240 rad. So, if only the CPU or the GPU is stressed, the entire 240 rad will dissipate the heat, thus more efficient (or less wasteful).

http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/56/name/HUNTER DUET

Reactions: bubbl3

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
I suppose, when you install the Corsair H60, it will be ''Take 5''?

I have already thought of ''Take 6'' for you :):- As the H55 and the H60 are independent, unless both CPU and GPU are loaded at the same time, then either one of the radiators is not contributing. I mean, if the GPU is stressed while the CPU is not, then the H60 would just sit there idling and missing the action. Same thing if the CPU is stressed while the GPU is not.

So, it might be a good idea if the 2 radiators are replaced by a single 240 rad. So, if only the CPU or the GPU is stressed, the entire 240 rad will dissipate the heat, thus more efficient (or less wasteful).

http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/56/name/HUNTER DUET
That's a very interesting product, good alternative to a custom loop. I do like the idea of having 2 AIOs to be honest, but yes, in certain conditions the shared radiator in the single loops may result in much better temps.

EDIT: looks hard to find by the way, could have probably picked it up for cheap when I was in China 2 weeks ago :/

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
EDIT: looks hard to find by the way, could have probably picked it up for cheap when I was in China 2 weeks ago :/

It is available in all those large Chinese online sites like jd, taobao and tmall. Pick your favourite.
Maybe you do the ''Take 5'' first to see how it goes.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Meanwhile, cramming all that I can! Tomorrow will arrive an Heatkiller CPU block (I don't like the EK, is just for cable routing).
Later my first sleeving of my entire life! that pump wires need help!

With a 240mm RAD was even possible to have a small reservoir/pump combo, but because I never tried without it (this is my second full custom loop) I want to try it!

The other option, that maybe I will try, is to have a thick 140mm RAD, low fin, the HW Labs SR2, and near by, in front of the PSU, to have or the Maelstrom D5 x50, or an EKWB XRES 100, that should fit!

If it works, maybe I will try to have the Titan RTX in loop as well!

Ah. BTW, that PSU is the new SF750!

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Meanwhile, cramming all that I can! Tomorrow will arrive an Heatkiller CPU block (I don't like the EK, is just for cable routing).
Later my first sleeving of my entire life! that pump wires need help!

With a 240mm RAD was even possible to have a small reservoir/pump combo, but because I never tried without it (this is my second full custom loop) I want to try it!

The other option, that maybe I will try, is to have a thick 140mm RAD, low fin, the HW Labs SR2, and near by, in front of the PSU, to have or the Maelstrom D5 x50, or an EKWB XRES 100, that should fit!

If it works, maybe I will try to have the Titan RTX in loop as well!

Ah. BTW, that PSU is the new SF750!

Love it, great work, I have an SF750 preordered, still not in stock in the UK/Ireland unfortunately :/ (Amazon global has delivery estimated start of March lol)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Love it, great work, I have an SF750 preordered, still not in stock in the UK/Ireland unfortunately :/ (Amazon global has delivery estimated start of March lol)
I’ve bought it on Thursday on Corsair.com and it is arrived yesterday!

Reactions: bubbl3

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
@bubbl3
I wonder if you can do your two AIOs like the arrangement shown in the pic below?

Also, the guy in reddit who is also doing two 120mm AIOs seems to make progress even without a second pair of vertical brackets. It is a fairly long description and I did not read it entirely. You might want to check it out to see how he gets it to work.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/acsb1w/streacom_da2_build_in_progress/

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

If you are not using the rear 92mm case fan, maybe you can go up from the 240 to a 280mm rad?

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
@bubbl3
I wonder if you can do your two AIOs like the arrangement shown in the pic below?

Also, the guy in reddit who is also doing two 120mm AIOs seems to make progress even without a second pair of vertical brackets. It is a fairly long description and I did not read it entirely. You might want to check it out to see how he gets it to work.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/acsb1w/streacom_da2_build_in_progress/
That config from Streacom would requite a second set of vertical brackets, also I don't like the idea of the 2 fans competing for airflow.

The guy on reddit used the bottom horizontal brackets to mount the second radiator on top where the PSU+drives brackets was and moved the PSU alone in front of the motherboard area, bad idea IMO and precludes you from using any drive.

I will have both AIO on front in exhaust, got the H60 but waiting for the SF750 to land.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
@fabio thanks for pointing me to the corsair shop, they shipped today! I highly recommend everyone to shop directly with them if needed.