Log Streacom DA2 V2 build with 10700k and RTX 3070

Enomiss

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 19, 2020
Hey guys I will update this topic later with more details and pics, but right now I have an urgent question.

I just received Asus rtx 3070 tuf (51,7 mm). And I'm testing how it fits in the case. It seems to fit precisely (omg I was so nervous about this), but the bottom fans are basically against the dust net. Due to the shaping of the shroud, there is probably at least 3mm clearance to the fans themselves.

Pics:
I'm wondering how bad is this? Will the videocard be able to pull enough air this way? Is it better to return or sell this card and put in a gigabyte 3070 (41 mm) or evga 3070 (44 mm)?
They would respectively create 10 or 7 mm clearance.

I chose the Asus 3070 tuf because it performed well in several reviews being one of the coolest and quietest cards.

Hope anyone can advise me.

Enomiss

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 19, 2020
I don't see a button how to edit this post, I wanted to add this:

I am also planning to put 2x 60 mm Noctua fans (intake) above videocard on the right side to push the air that comes out of the videocard to the back, they fit exactly between videocard and psu. At the back I will put 1x 92 mm Noctua fan (exhaust) to pull away hot air, so that not everything gets into the psu.

bluepangolin

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 21, 2022
Hey guys I will update this topic later with more details and pics, but right now I have an urgent question.

I just received Asus rtx 3070 tuf (51,7 mm). And I'm testing how it fits in the case. It seems to fit precisely (omg I was so nervous about this), but the bottom fans are basically against the dust net. Due to the shaping of the shroud, there is probably at least 3mm clearance to the fans themselves.

Pics:
I'm wondering how bad is this? Will the videocard be able to pull enough air this way? Is it better to return or sell this card and put in a gigabyte 3070 (41 mm) or evga 3070 (44 mm)?
They would respectively create 10 or 7 mm clearance.

I chose the Asus 3070 tuf because it performed well in several reviews being one of the coolest and quietest cards.

Hope anyone can advise me.

Hi Enomiss,

I just found your post and was wondering if you could tell share your experience with the Asus TUF 3070 inside the DA2 Streacom. I am in a similar situation with a DA2 V1 case and would like to buy the 3070 Gigabyte Vision which is also 51mm thick.

It would be really great to hear your experience.