Production Sparrow-MQ6 6.8L One-piece aluminum(Sparrow for increased compatibility)

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
Are people planning to reverse the 7660b fan from exhaust to intake? The idea being to have cool air come from the bottom of the case and then out the top of the psu. I have a modular 7660b with the standard exhaust, but i'm not sure if its worth it to open and flip the fan.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Are people planning to reverse the 7660b fan from exhaust to intake? The idea being to have cool air come from the bottom of the case and then out the top of the psu. I have a modular 7660b with the standard exhaust, but i'm not sure if its worth it to open and flip the fan.
I plan to flip the standard fan.

I'm using an MF-600F FLEX PSU from AliExpress; the 700F has had some extensive research here and convinced me to get one. Reversing the fan helps reduce temps in this model and the 600F is extremely similar internally.

Edit: I would expect the 7660b would also improve temps by flipping the fan. It's oriented the way it is for server applications.

Reactions: xredlinexx1

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
What size motherboard standoffs will this case have? If they are included.

Edit: I want to get an nvme ssd heatsink for the rear motherboard mount. What clearance is there between the mobo and the gpu?

I went with the 2mm version of this. Hopefully it will fit without an issues seeing as the mobo plate is hollow in the center.

Last edited:

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
@COOJ, are you able to provide a progress update? Thanks!
I emailed him on the 10th and this was his response:

"I'm very sorry for some delays in shipping due to production schedules, I will be shipping later this month and you should receive your delivery at the end of this month or early next month."

I would expect the cases to arrive closer to the end of next month for those of us in the U.S.

dkking

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2021
looks like i posted earlier in the wrong case, apologies.
Had a Question, at the Superbuy(Taobao) site there are many options, some are different prices
The Silver/Black/Gray button shows CN ¥1199.00
The Silver/Black/Gray with Graphics Card Extension Shows CN ¥1279.00 (Is it Pcie 4.0?)
Then there is also
The first batch of Crowdfunding (with Pcie extension) that shows price of CN ¥649.00

What is the difference between the first batch version that's discounted and the regular version that's CN ¥1199.00?

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
Wouldn't the link provided by @dkking let us get the case for cheaper than @COOJ 's preorder? Also, October 5th had a delay due to the machining of one part. What part is that and has it been addressed? I understand that you are facing a monumental task and the pandemic has not made any of this easy. Do you have any estimates for those of us that preordered the case directly through your website?

The original estimate was late August or early September as seen on your May 2nd post on the first page.

Reactions: xredlinexx1

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Wouldn't the link provided by @dkking let us get the case for cheaper than @COOJ 's preorder? Also, October 5th had a delay due to the machining of one part. What part is that and has it been addressed? I understand that you are facing a monumental task and the pandemic has not made any of this easy. Do you have any estimates for those of us that preordered the case directly through your website?

The original estimate was late August or early September as seen on your May 2nd post on the first page.
I divided the order into deposit and final payment in China. The cheap price he saw on the page was the final payment part, not the full price.
I've been dealing with problems at the factory recently and will be ready to ship soon, sorry.

Reactions: scatterforce

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I'm COOJ.

There is bad news to tell you.
There is a quality problem with the processing of MQ5/MQ6, so now we have to scrap all of them.

●Solution: We are now rearranging the production, and I will go to the factory in the next few days to deal with related matters, so that we can ship the goods to you before the Chinese New Year (about one month's time).

●About refund: Because of the problems on my side let everyone down, if you do not want to wait any longer, you can always tell me you want to cancel the order, I will be ready to handle .

●Additional compensation: For purchasers willing to wait patiently, I thank you very, very much for your support, when shipping I will give an additional new product to everyone, the orders placed before today, a gift per unit, compensation gift is a USB organizer.

●I'm very sorry to let the guys down, I'll solve the problem as soon as possible to give everyone an answer, thanks for your support.

This is the shipment I received, the MQ5/MQ6 that will be scrapped.

The main problem was an error in the machining of the front side, which resulted in a stage step on one edge.

This USB organizer is available as compensation and will be shipped with the MQ5/MQ6.

Finally, apologies again, if you have any questions you can always contact me, this message will also be sent by email to those who have ordered.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Sorry to hear the production run didn't go well, that is unfortunate.
As others have said, thank you for your honest communication about the situation.
I hope the next batch goes well for you.

EugShk

Efficiency Noob
Feb 20, 2022
Good day, Cooj!

Are there any updates on this case?
Haven't ordered yet, but want to know when it can be expected, if ordered. :)

Thanks a lot! MQ6 is a masterpiece!

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Good day, Cooj!

Are there any updates on this case?
Haven't ordered yet, but want to know when it can be expected, if ordered. :)

Thanks a lot! MQ6 is a masterpiece!
If you order now, our next shipment will be shipped in April.
There will be very minor updates that will basically stay the same.