Production Sparrow-MQ6 6.8L One-piece aluminum(Sparrow for increased compatibility)

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I'll keep the original fan on the ENP 7660b, reverse it, and see how it fares first. The Noctua fans don't have enough airflow to safely cool a full 600 watt draw. While my current system doesn't pull that many watts, I want to plan ahead (and not shorten the life of my PSU).
You're right, it's best not to replace Noctua fans.

Reactions: scatterforce

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I am in love with this case. I would hop on this right now if I could get a hold of a sub 213mm rtx 3060 ti or 3070. Can't wait to see the finished product.
It's a leap of faith. I'm skipping this gen and only hope that a <220 mm **70 class card exists in the future.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I am in love with this case. I would hop on this right now if I could get a hold of a sub 213mm rtx 3060 ti or 3070. Can't wait to see the finished product.
I can recommend two graphics card models to you.
ASUS DUAL GeForce RTX 3060 Ti MINI 8GB GDDR6
EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING
Both of these cards are about 20cm in length and I don't know if they are available for purchase in your area.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
It's a leap of faith. I'm skipping this gen and only hope that a <220 mm **70 class card exists in the future.
You can look for these two graphics cards in your country, and you can probably buy them. They are both around 20cm.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
You can look for these two graphics cards in your country, and you can probably buy them. They are both around 20cm.
I have a 2070 ITX that is still serving me well. I won't start looking for an upgrade until the 4070/4060ti (or similar AMD offering).

At that point in time, I can only hope that high end GPUs still exist in this form factor. With so many main-stream ITX cases being released, I'm fairly confident there will be options.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I have a 2070 ITX that is still serving me well. I won't start looking for an upgrade until the 4070/4060ti (or similar AMD offering).

At that point in time, I can only hope that high end GPUs still exist in this form factor. With so many main-stream ITX cases being released, I'm fairly confident there will be options.
You are right, rtx2070 can currently cope with most of the situation, and because of the virtual currency reason graphics card selling price becomes very expensive.
Hopefully, when the RTX4070 is released the price of the graphics card will become normal.

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
I think that a lot of gpu vendors really want to market to the hardcore RGB and max performance cooling solutions out there. I might be wrong. We've seen Dan create his own heatsink and Loque pushing Noctua to re-release their nh-l12.

This lack of GPU stock and the crypto craze is just impossible for new pc builds.

@COOJ What is the difference from your 7660b? I saw in the site that it has the modular retrofit. Does that make it longer than the standard 7660b?

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I think that a lot of gpu vendors really want to market to the hardcore RGB and max performance cooling solutions out there. I might be wrong. We've seen Dan create his own heatsink and Loque pushing Noctua to re-release their nh-l12.

This lack of GPU stock and the crypto craze is just impossible for new pc builds.

@COOJ What is the difference from your 7660b? I saw in the site that it has the modular retrofit. Does that make it longer than the standard 7660b?

The 7660b module will look like this after modification, and comes with a black matching cable.
The original length of the 7660b is 150mm (without the cable), after modification the length is around 170mm.
I will buy the PSU from Enhance China distributor and then give it to a professional for modularization.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
@COOJ What is the length of the PCIE riser cable? I plan to buy a Gen 4 riser and want to get the right length.

(future proofing)

Last edited:

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
@COOJ What is the length of the PCIE riser cable? I plan to buy a Gen 4 riser and want to get the right length.

(future proofing)
The length is 195mm.
I'm not sure if the PCIE4 cable you purchased will work on the MQ6 because the standard PCIE cable with 180° reverse connector is included.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
The length is 195mm.
I'm not sure if the PCIE4 cable you purchased will work on the MQ6 because the standard PCIE cable with 180° reverse connector is included.

This cable would work then. I won't need it any time soon, but it's good to know that it exists for future upgrades.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020

This cable would work then. I won't need it any time soon, but it's good to know that it exists for future upgrades.
The line looks great, though the red part might stick out a bit too much and maybe clash with the top fan.
I don't think this is a problem to worry about, there will be more PCIE 4.0 cables to pick from in the future.
(My partner is also developing PCIE4.0 cables, so maybe I will supply them later)

Reactions: scatterforce

Daemonbit

Case Bender
New User
May 18, 2021

Le module 7660b ressemblera à ceci après modification et est livré avec un câble noir correspondant.
La longueur d'origine du 7660b est de 150 mm (sans le câble), après modification la longueur est d'environ 170 mm.
J'achèterai le bloc d'alimentation auprès du distributeur Enhance China, puis je le donnerai à un professionnel pour la modularisation.
will gpu cpu etcc power cables be delivered and what colors will they be?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Have you considered a version of this case style with the same length and width, but with the height to accommodate a SFX PSU on the bottom? This would be similar to the CCD MI-6 which production ended on a while back.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Have you considered a version of this case style with the same length and width, but with the height to accommodate a SFX PSU on the bottom? This would be similar to the CCD MI-6 which production ended on a while back.
I'm not so sure there will be, because then it will be around 10L in size.