Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

c0rnflakes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 7, 2024
Hi everyone,

even though the project seems to be on hold at the moment, I am really impressed by the case.
Hope it will be available again soon. I would get one straight away.

@COOJ
Awesome work!

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Hello
I obtained information from Cooj yesterday that the boxs would be available in May, May 2024 therefore.
I don't know if this information is worth much, because on your website it is precisely the information that the stock would be replenished in May 2023!

The information is valuable, I think, because you know they are alive and have not given up yet.

May 2023 was around the last time the case was available. After that, it went out of stock. If it comes back in stock now in May 2024, that's good news.

aneker

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2020
There are some sellers on Aliexpress but they seem to have gone crazy and ask for around 600 euros per piece plus shipping. Only if I were crazy would I give them that.

In fact, to be more precise, it's €605.36 €611.48-1% plus €55 shipping, I think they lost track of reality.

The best thing would be to start thinking about another solution.

Last edited:

LanceL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 9, 2017
There are some sellers on Aliexpress but they seem to have gone crazy and ask for around 600 euros per piece plus shipping. Only if I were crazy would I give them that.
I wrote to All of these AliX shops that claim to have stock and they all answered back that they in reality have zero stock

LanceL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 9, 2017
Hello
I obtained information from Cooj yesterday that the boxs would be available in May, May 2024 therefore.
I don't know if this information is worth much, because on your website it is precisely the information that the stock would be replenished in May 2023!

The information is valuable, I think, because you know they are alive and have not given up yet.
Did you actually have correspondence with cooj ?

c0rnflakes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 7, 2024
Let's hope that this beauty will be available again soon.

Otherwise, would there be a possibility of commissioning the case yourself? Perhaps even the CADs for it? That would be a nice.

aneker

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2020
Você realmente teve correspondência com cooj?
Yes. But then I told them that this information was on their website and that it referred to 2023 and they no longer responded!

Notice that they don't even bother to update the information on the website and that's a bad sign.

aneker

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2020
I wrote to All of these AliX shops that claim to have stock and they all answered back that they in reality have zero stock
Yes, possibly.
Regardless of whether you have stock or not, I am not available to give €600 + €80 shipping for a PC case.

aneker

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2020
I also consider that this box is not completely problem-free! Opting for a Flex power supply automatically means having to live with unnecessarily excessive noise. And there is no way to resolve this.

I understand the option, reducing the liters of different models. But, it turns out that there are solutions on the market for powerful sources without fans and without noise. They are not standard format but an optional item could easily have been added to facilitate assembly. And they didn't worry about it.

I consider the MQ4 to be the most perfect, but the MQ5 and MQ6 are not that beautiful.
On the MQ5 and MQ6 I don't like the ON/OFF button on the front panel and the graphics card screwing on the outside of the back panel.