Enclosure Sooo, which popular SFF cases can support triple slot GPUs? : (

Gautam

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2016
The 10 series are such a dream when it comes to small systems, and frankly made me fully embrace SFFPC's where I always shied away in the past. High-end performance, yet very low power footprint, and very small size when it came to the mini options.

The 20's are unlikely to be anywhere close. At least the 2070 with its 185W footprint has some potential to be put in a small package.

Reactions: owliwar

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
All I can say is this:

To Nvidia, Asus, MSI, etc. IF YOU WANT MY MONEY, THEN MAKE THE STUFF I WANT, NOT SOME THICC OVERSIZE PLASTIC THING!!!!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Ncase M1 is the most obvious one for me.

But for cases with a DAN A4 like layout, I'm drawing a blank.

Reactions: smitty2k1

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Remember a couple years ago when people were speculating that HBM would make smaller GPUs the norm? Seems we're going in the opposite direction.

Though I can't say I'm surprised; they can always get more performance at the cost of TDP, and there's a lot more market pressure driving things in that direction vs. smaller and more efficient.

It's certainly given me food for thought in how I approach current and future designs. I think it's likely that, at least for cases that aspire to support the highest end hardware, things are going to be getting a bit bigger.

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
Manufacturers are heading where the money is at, which, to be honest, isn't a bad choice, I mean, more money = better products (, usually).

With Zotac having put a 1080 Ti in a smaller package, ASRock putting X99 and X299 in ITX format, Gigabyte putting a 1080 in 170mm lenght, I'm sure we they can achieve this for the 20 series.

Bling'd PCs are the rave now, not our niche SFF, but a manufacturer should cater to all venues as they've had in the past to not lose that market share as we do not know they evolution in 2-5-10 years.

Cooling getting more and more efficient is what enables GPU and CPU manufacturers to increase heat output in exchange for higher performance, the highest end monitors we're using in 2018 (4k/144hz) are basically impossible to peg with single GPU solutions and even harder for SLI configurations (not saying Crossfire because they're not there yet). Monitor advancement is going too fast for Nvidia, which to be honest, is prolonging as much as possible to give as much chance to AMD as possible. (we can see this by looking at the time between releases for Nvidia).

NVidia probably has next time almost done, but we might only see it in 2-3 years. :(

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Wait on the 7nm cards in a year or so. The 20XX series are an obvious cash grab IMO. The RTX features won't likely be terribly useful for awhile. I could see them not even releasing 2060 or below with the margins the RTX cards are commanding, and the Titan rumored to come.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
As far as i know, none of the presented GPUs are HBM based.
Right. Even if they were though, it's only really the PCB that might shrink. 250W+ TDPs at the high end aren't likely to come down any time soon, which means coolers won't be getting any smaller, either.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
You mean the 915? If so, at 32L, isn't really SFF.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
would it be cheating to say Cerberus-X? o_o
(back on topic: hopefully Nvidia goes 7nm next generation, so hopefully a lesser cooling solution would be needed ._.)

Frung

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2018
Node 202 should support triple slot without the extra fans, and Coolermaster Elite 110 supports the height, though the length is limited.